• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
Agent Venom

Another Lightweight AR10 Build

So I wanted a do all rifle in .308. I have more trigger time behind an AR than all other platforms combined by some magnitude (thanks to Uncle Sam). So after my bullpup dreams collapsed, I began looking hard at the AR10. Was awed by the sheer quality for a lightweight build. I didn’t want anything skeletonized because this will be a working rifle. So here is what went into my Xanthos:

-2A Armament Xanthos Receiver Set    

Upper

-Brownells Titanium BCG        

-AXTS Raptor Charging Handle   

-V7 Hyperliter Hanguard MLOK (10.75”) & Barrel Nut                                            

-Faxon Match Series- 16" Heavy Fluted, 308 WIN, 5R, 416R, Nitride, Nickel Teflon Extension (Not the lightest Barrel out there but checked all my boxes so I splurged a little in the weight department)                          

-Nitrided Mid Length Gas Tube                      

-Superlative Arms Adj Gas Block (Again not the lightest but think they are top tier)          

-LANTAC Dragon/ Silencerco Break (Again not the lightest)                                                  

-Strike Industries Ultimate Dust Cover

LOWER

-2A Armament Titanium Take Down Pins    

-Noveske 60% STS (Not a fan of BADASS or ambi selectors flame me)                          

-Geissele SD-E Trigger Group                          

-KNS Anti-Rotation Trigger Pins                    

-V7 Titanium Mag Release                                  

-Larue Apeg Grip (Not the Lightest but fits my hand perfectly)                                                

-V7 Lightweight Grip Screw                            

-Phase 5 One Piece Extended Bolt Release

-V7 Lightweight Endplate and Castle Nut    

-V7 Lightweight 11 Position Receiver Extention (Buffer Tube)                                        

-JP Enterprises Silent Capture Buffer              

-Daniel Defense Stock (wanted the lightest stock with no wobble, an actual recoil pad, and SIDE QD mounts) 

All internals and the Receiver Extention are NP3+ treated by ROBAR. The exterior was dipped then clear cerakoted in Kryptek Mandrake by Tarjac Custom. Used those two because they have lifetime warranty on their work.

Incedentals- PRI fixed front, ARMS flip rear sight, AIMPOINT CompM4, Custom Blue Force Gear Sling, BCM forgrip, and NiteCore P10GT Flashlight and offset mount

713CAF62-F558-4FA6-B785-1AFAF2AFFED0.png

3E777628-E876-4DC3-B3BF-8260582214BB.png

985A9E6A-6739-4D9F-B4E9-5EB66952C996.png

Edited by Agent Venom

Agent V so lets see the rifle on the scales with one unloaded mag and optics.....whats it weigh in at?   :fullauto:    Wash

Edited by washguy

40 minutes ago, washguy said:

Agent V so lets see the rifle on the scales with one unloaded mag and optics.....whats it weigh in at?   :fullauto:    Wash

That PVS-14 is a pound-ish, by itself.  I rocked one of those things for years, behind an Aimpoint, on a 5.56 gun.  It's worth the weight, once the sun goes down...  :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That PVS-14 is a pound-ish, by itself.  I rocked one of those things for years, behind an Aimpoint, on a 5.56 gun.  It's worth the weight, once the sun goes down...  :thumbup:

14 by itself ?  You are  Rock Star  !.....Wash

Yeah very nice rifle but I am thinking not to lightweight loaded mag and sling etc the things you would need for a working rifle close to 13 LBS? love the finish very well done..