• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
COBrien

I Love My Wife [Part II]

As most of y’all know, I’ve been wanting to pick up a “do-all” rifle suppressor for a couple of years now. Kids and bills have prevented that. Every time I get some cash stuck back, well, you know how the story goes. 

Today, after stopping off at Harbor Freight, my wife says, “I need to run by the jeweler’s [lifelong friend of mine, also FFL and SOT] to get something for my mom.”

So we run by. I’m perusing his stock of Christensen Arms and Bergara rifles when the wife walks up and hands me one of their gift bags. “Happy 5th Anniversary and Father’s Day,” she says. 

Inside is a Griffin Armament 30SD, complete with a 5/8-24 brake, 1/2-28 flash hider, and MOLLE carrying case. 

For years she’s been telling me I didn’t need a can. Then she bought me one. I just have to go back on Monday with our NFA Trust documents to do the Form 4...

Oh, and before any of you fvckers asks... No, she doesn’t have a sister. 😂😂

3 hours ago, COBrien said:

Oh, and before any of you fvckers asks... No, she doesn’t have a sister. 😂😂

DAMNIT!!!   I was SERIOUSLY gonna ask you that, too!...   :laffs:

Good score on the suppressor, brother!   :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

DAMNIT!!!   I was SERIOUSLY gonna ask you that, too!...   :laffs:

Good score on the suppressor, brother!   :thumbup:

Thanks, brother!

...and... You were precisely the fvcker I had in mind!

Good deal, you got a keeper there! I have a hard time convincing my wife to pick up a receiver for me because she hates "all the paperwork".

Yup, she's a keeper!

I'm blessed too, I told my wife a couple of weeks ago that I would like to build a .40 S&W AR. She said "Father's Day is coming up, go ahead!"😁

good find brother!  she is a keeper. Happy 5 years!🍻

Thanks for the well wishes, fellas!

Getting all the shite together now... Form 4s started, Form 23s started, trust document copied, fingerprints done, $200 cashier's check in hand. Just need the info off the can and some passport photos of myself and the wife, and we'll be off to the races. The long, slow, methodical, 9 to 11 month races...

I have to say, though, I did have a fun little exchange with a teller at my bank this morning...

Me: "Hi, I need a cashier's check for $200, please."

Her: "Okay. Who should I make it out to?"

Me: "ATF."

Her: "ATF? Wait, like, the ATF?"

Me: "Yes, ma'am."

Her: "...." *Blank stare, mixture of confusion and maybe fear on her face*

Free people problems....geez. (Yes, that’s sarcasm)  

I unfortunately do not have that problem....though I really wish I did. 

Edited by DNP

8 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

After Trumps statement that he doesn't like suppressors I would expect the wait time to increase considerably.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-marine-one-departure-46/

Hmm... And all this time he’s claimed to be pro-2A. Methinks his desk might be the place a Hearing Protection Act would go to die. 

Well, got everything sent off today via USPS Priority. Should be there Monday.

I didn't realize, until after I'd already gotten everything together (but just before I sealed up the envelope...) that the FD-258 fingerprint cards MUST HAVE ATF's correct ORI information. Since mine were done by the local PD (I know some folks there...), the cards had the PD's ORI. This, apparently, is a no-no.

So I -- very carefully -- whited out the PD's ORI info and wrote in ATF's ORI info. My understanding is that ATF will place a pre-printed ORI sticker on them, but I wanted to be safe.

Now we wait. I'll call my bank in a couple of weeks and see if the cashier's check has been deposited.