• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
Albroswift

Corona and limes

They have had it a couple months longer. And if you don’t die you eventually recover.You may have ARDS, but you are alive.

Made my usual run to the city to get groceries in Poplar Bluff MO, insanity has arrived. Usually there are two three people in the store when I arrive at 0600, not open till 0700 now, I'm about 15 minutes early and the line already stretched around one side of the parking lot. People are jumping the line, tempers flaring, people cursing each other, walmart employee says no hamburger, no pork chops, no eggs, no flour,list kept going. They also said it will be "one way shopping" no roaming the aisles, get what you want or can as you follow the the line, no backing up. I didn't go in, had to leave before some asshat caused me to react. WTF, this is so reminiscent to the footage they used to play on the news from the soviet union. I feel so sad for my country.

IMG_3099.thumb.JPG.f46f968be0a4b31a8caeccfc9da5d31b.JPGIMG_3100.thumb.JPG.112b89ea292737df34756066a92aa522.JPG

Here, stores are much less crowded this week vs. a couple of weeks ago.  They are starting to have more products than before but shelves are still very low.  There is little or no TP or paper towels. 

If the world were allowed to get back to work, the supply lines could get back to normal.  If these lockdowns continue much longer, we are screwed.

Haven’t been out for 6 days, but there was plenty on the shelves here then. Not a huge variety as far as brands, but enough to get by. Up here people are cooperating pretty good so far. See what happens when the belts get tight. This whole thing makes me realize our current society is really a house of cards. Don’t know if is is sustainable or even reachable again.

We're all interconnected, whether we like it or not. The TP is put on the shelves by the Walmart stocker, who got it from the Walmart forklift driver, who got it off the truck that delivered it, who got it from the forklift driver who loaded the truck, who got it from the stacker/packer who loaded the skid, who got it from the machine operator who packaged the rolls of TP, who got it/them from the machine operator who actually manufactured the TP, who got the materials from the ... and on and on. If any one of them gets sick, or otherwise drops the ball, then the supply chain is broken and there's no more TP at Wally World. It's the same for almost every product we buy, and wishful thinking isn't going to change that.

We're long past the time when we go out and dig up our own materials to make our own black powder, smelt our own lead, pour our own ball, and shoot that b'ar.

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

We're all interconnected, whether we like it or not. The TP is put on the shelves by the Walmart stocker, who got it from the Walmart forklift driver, who got it off the truck that delivered it, who got it from the forklift driver who loaded the truck, who got it from the stacker/packer who loaded the skid, who got it from the machine operator who packaged the rolls of TP, who got it/them from the machine operator who actually manufactured the TP, who got the materials from the ... and on and on. If any one of them gets sick, or otherwise drops the ball, then the supply chain is broken and there's no more TP at Wally World. It's the same for almost every product we buy, and wishful thinking isn't going to change that.

We're long past the time when we go out and dig up our own materials to make our own black powder, smelt our own lead, pour our own ball, and shoot that b'ar.

True, we all need each other. But how those relationships are constructed make society work. If society changes due to plague, war, or other factors. Those relationships need to change as well. I get the feeling we are embarking on those changes for better or for worse.

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

This whole thing makes me realize our current society is really a house of cards.

I knew that about society in Northern Virginia, a decade ago.  I just shook my head everytime a snowstorm hit or "hurricane" was threatening the coast.  "This place is doomed if something serious really happens..."   I thought to myself...

Now, it's the same exact mentality, throughout the rest of the country, 10 years later...   Unbelievable, how fast the Sheeple can multiply.

49 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Unbelievable, how fast the Sheeple can multiply.

Or simply be created through propaganda.

Similar situation across NY state as a whole. There are new queuing requirements at stores; limits on the number of people inside, and isle restrictions. Like some kind of game show; where you have to get all your items in one fell swoop; or you lose (or is it that you simply don't win; still a bit confused about these rules)...

I was always of the opinion that Virginia had a good handle on that kind of life; other than the times they actually got snow. Nobody could drive in the snow south of the mason dixon line. That was just a a fact of life. In Florida; heavy rain can make the road as slippery as snow, and those fools would be off the highway spun out in the medians by the dozens. 

Clear skies and sunny in NY; otherwise.