Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
billymagg

Archery

Recommended Posts

Yer an old guy if you remember this one, this was the very first crossbow sold to the public. i've had this thing since i was a young teenager. it came with wooden arrows.

 

 

 

deer hunting 100.jpg

deer hunting 101.jpg

SANY4255.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a bow. Planned to bu one this summer as I landed myself an either sex archery tag and they don’t give out a lot of those. No big loss yet...all the does I’ve ran into had fawns with them....except this little one that laid down 30 yards from the trailer and then stood there like a perfect target and stared at me when I opened the door.  She’s a little small, but I coulda had her...

5A4E70E9-8988-40A8-B908-51CDD4507310.jpeg

70D0AA78-C584-444F-BC48-AB8AD0AFCBF7.jpeg

3AE7E1C9-E2F6-4AC8-A433-265C27C36588.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNP said:

I need a bow. Planned to bu one this summer as I landed myself an either sex archery tag and they don’t give out a lot of those. No big loss yet...all the does I’ve ran into had fawns with them....except this little one that laid down 30 yards from the trailer and then stood there like a perfect target and stared at me when I opened the door.  She’s a little small, but I coulda had her...

5A4E70E9-8988-40A8-B908-51CDD4507310.jpeg

70D0AA78-C584-444F-BC48-AB8AD0AFCBF7.jpeg

3AE7E1C9-E2F6-4AC8-A433-265C27C36588.jpeg

I think she's mocking you! 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belt Fed said:

OK, you know you wanted to say, That's some old poop belt fed.lol

Lol. No, the old equipment is always interesting to look at. My 1st bow was an old Bear recurve of my dad's.  I had the wooden arrows to learn with, dad would beat our a $$ IF we dared touch his precious aluminum arrows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She was mocking me. I almost threw a rock, but my luck it would have killed her and the warden wouldn’t have bought the autopsy report seeing as the arrow looked to be hand driven through the deer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

This is my recurve. I don't know how old it is but he had wooden arrows.

 

 

 

 

SANY4249.JPG

SANY4250.JPG

SANY4251.JPG

SANY4252 (1).JPG

SANY4253.JPG

SANY4254.JPG

Hey! An ARrow 38 special! I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Lol. No, the old equipment is always interesting to look at. My 1st bow was an old Bear recurve of my dad's.  I had the wooden arrows to learn with, dad would beat our a $$ IF we dared touch his precious aluminum arrows. 

Yep, those wooden arrows are an art unto themselves, that is some very neat vintage gear, which I love. But, I decided I wanted to join the 21st Century with this bow purchase, I've never owned a bow in the year of its introduction, and I'm glad I bought this Mathew's, it is very refined, fast and quiet, and a very smooth draw....

No doubt that little doe is mocking you, and I can tell by the look in her eyes she is a "string jumper"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrmackc said:

Hey! An ARrow 38 special! I like it!

Yep, that Bear appears to be a mid-60's bow, they were pretty sweet for their day... like everything else, technology has tremendously benefited the bow building business!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, billymagg said:

Yep, those wooden arrows are an art unto themselves, that is some very neat vintage gear, which I love. But, I decided I wanted to join the 21st Century with this bow purchase, I've never owned a bow in the year of its introduction, and I'm glad I bought this Mathew's, it is very refined, fast and quiet, and a very smooth draw....

No doubt that little doe is mocking you, and I can tell by the look in her eyes she is a "string jumper"...

That Mathews has rewarded me with a "Robin Hood", shattered that cheap "Chi Com Arrow", and blew that nock to pieces!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...