• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

King of the baggers

shepp

Shiit men, done alot of work on modern V-Twins.  151 cubic inch Harley Milwaukee 8 engines, Japanese V-Twins, 200hp turbo Harley engines, the newer Indians with cams/intake/exhaust work...   They can be BADASS.  My big bitch is a Suzuki M-109R, 2007 LE model.  It's a tire-roaster.  TORQUE is where the V-Twins shine.  The rev-limiter on my bike is 7,500 rpm, all gears.  Harleys won't do that. 

I really enjoyed the video!  Bikes are great fun! 

98Z5v mentioned Jap Vee Twins.  I like Vee Fours!   Mines got bags on it and it  gets in the dirt.  At times it lights up the smoke. zero to the ton on the on ramp,  and then merge into traffic.  A real Jekyll and Hyde machine.    Ask my kids about those rides.

Actually,  Living a mile from the nearest pavement,  I always ride in dirt .  Love it when the back end steps out a bit!

Did I mention?  It's got bags on it,   REKA    tank bag too!  

Edited by Candid

1 hour ago, Candid said:

I really enjoyed the video!  Bikes are great fun! 

98Z5v mentioned Jap Vee Twins.  I like Vee Fours! 

I didn't mention V4s, though - you are trying so hard to fit in here, after your fucking disaster of a night here last night. 

There's alot that "just off" about you, though. 

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Shiit men, done alot of work on modern V-Twins.  151 cubic inch Harley Milwaukee 8 engines, Japanese V-Twins, 200hp turbo Harley engines, the newer Indians with cams/intake/exhaust work...   They can be BADASS.  My big bitch is a Suzuki M-109R, 2007 LE model.  It's a tire-roaster.  TORQUE is where the V-Twins shine.  The rev-limiter on my bike is 7,500 rpm, all gears.  Harleys won't do that. 

I wanna rail corners on one of those fat bitches, my fat bitch might get jealous tho, I don’t even ride her anymore 😞

2 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Yes it did more ways than 1.  94 900ss beautiful Ducati red with that awesome twin sound.

Used to ride with a guy that had one, beautiful bike!

2 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Triumph triple was kinda fun - light, nimble, and a unique growl.

YES!! Love that sound you can always pic them out of a crowd! I’ve road a few speed triples super fun bike! 

8 hours ago, shepp said:

I’m a fan of alot of bikes but I have a soft spot for race V twins 

Me too!  Some years ago,  a friend and I did a BOTT Guzzi.  Took it to several road race events in Fla. and to Daytona once. 

What a rip to be in the Tri-oval pits with all that  baritone singing going around.  Looked hard at an XR750,  but couldn't justify the $$

10 hours ago, shepp said:

I’m a fan of alot of bikes but I have a soft spot for race V twins 

I've built alot of those Tiller engines, brother.  They're hard to keep alive, when the rider is stupid.  You seriously need to break that engine in after a rebuild, and most of these guys wanna get right out there and rip the shiit out of it as soon as they start it.  Rebuild one 3 times, for the same guy.  He couldn't stay off the rev-limiter after taking it out of the shop.  Last time I did the build, I didn't tell him it was done.  I broke it in myself.  THEN called him.  He picked it up, and it never came back to the shop again...  TLRs RIP, man!  Suzuki did that engine MEAN. 

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I've built alot of those Tiller engines, brother.  They're hard to keep alive, when the rider is stupid.  You seriously need to break that engine in after a rebuild, and most of these guys wanna get right out there and rip the shiit out of it as soon as they start it.  Rebuild one 3 times, for the same guy.  He couldn't stay off the rev-limiter after taking it out of the shop.  Last time I did the build, I didn't tell him it was done.  I broke it in myself.  THEN called him.  He picked it up, and it never came back to the shop again...  TLRs RIP, man!  Suzuki did that engine MEAN. 

She eats spark plugs like candy, I spent years on TLPLANET, forgot most of what I learned about them, running xxx9 plugs instead of 8’s and as you know they’re a mother fucker to change. Guy I bought it from rebuilt it, has a ton of mods, olihns rear SHOCK is one. He always told me always let it warm too 100 before doing anything, I’ve run amsoil in it since the day I got it 

29 minutes ago, shepp said:

He always told me always let it warm too 100 before doing anything,

I treated them like 2-strokes -start it, and put your hand on a cylinder head - when it's too uncomfortable-hot to leave your hand on the head, then it's ready to rip.  :thumbup:

Shepp and 98, that sounds alot like the old advice I received from Harley riders around here that took care of their bikes.  

I never could understand getting on one, starting it up, and burning out from wherever you were.....then still riding like a jackass to destination.

Taking your time with certain things pays off in spades.

Edited by bubbas4570

4 hours ago, bubbas4570 said:

Shepp and 98, that sounds alot like the old advice I received from Harley riders around here that took care of their bikes.  

I never could understand getting on one, starting it up, and burning out from wherever you were.....then still riding like a jackass to destination.

Taking your time with certain things pays off in spades.

It was fun when I was young. Balls to the wall was the way. The key is to live to talk about it. :banana: