• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
Sign in to follow this  
renaissanceman

Cycling issues -- 20" Ballistic Advantage 308 barrel, rifle length gas (high frame rate video included)

27 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

I wouldn't advise it. You need to keep changes to a minimum, drilling your gas port might cause issues you could've avoided. If the correct buffer and spring fix your issue, you're done. If not, drilling up is the next logical step.

Yep, one step at a time, but like you, I am a little impatient, and I would be tempted, but the voice of reason says to fix one issue at a time, you probably will be drilling up soon, but if its too much, then you'll be buying a new adjustable gas block... these gents will get you there, keep us in the loop, I for one am very interested to hear the "end of the story"!

Whoops! you've already got one of those, lol.

Edited by billymagg

renaissanceman,

Do you know which gen PSA lower you have? I just picked up a complete gen 3 lower and was planning on using an aero upper - but now I'm concerned. I had heard they fixed some of their issues with gen 3, but perhaps not...

27 minutes ago, Entebbe07 said:

renaissanceman,

Do you know which gen PSA lower you have? I just picked up a complete gen 3 lower and was planning on using an aero upper - but now I'm concerned. I had heard they fixed some of their issues with gen 3, but perhaps not...

my sugestion would be to get a psa upper to go with lower. psa has history of not playing well with other receivers 

6 minutes ago, Entebbe07 said:

I'm new here and don't want to hijack further. But now I'm reading all the other PA10 threads and... Yikes.

I may still try for the aero upper so at least half my system is viable.

Welcome, and feel free to create a thread to discuss anything you want to about what you're working on and trying to accomplish.

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Give back the PSA lower and get a Aero lower you will be happier.

No returns accepted I'm afraid. I think I'll proceed with the aero upper. When it inevitably doesn't work, I'll build out an aero lower to match.

Still curious to hear specific parts and how things resolve for the OP here. Could be I swap out the recoil system and get lucky.