• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What are your other hobbies and interests?

imschur

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have my new ride coming in a few weeks. It's being assembled as we type! My department just purchased me a new Honda ST1300 with all the bells and whistles. They ran us about $30k each, but they are well worth it for the job. We almost went with the Kawasaki Concours 14, but 150+ HP and 100+ torque was going to get one of us killed.

lausd580-1580.jpg

These get the job done just fine! <thumbsup>

What type of bike is the top one with the fancy paint job? Is that an actual police dept bike, I don't see anything identifying what state/city. Those look like aftermarket rotors on the front, looks like someone spared no expense on that one.

Jgun, its a Suzuki hayabusa gsxr1300, nicknamed the bus. Dumb fast in a straight line but not much for the canyons.

We need to see if Tom can get us some bikes to rent or ride for a day while we're down there. I miss dragging my pucks. Don't care if we get big slow ones or small fast ones, heck even rock chuckers are fine ( the nickname of moyy buddy's cr500)

What do you think Tom?

Jgun, its a Suzuki hayabusa gsxr1300, nicknamed the bus. Dumb fast in a straight line but not much for the canyons.

We need to see if Tom can get us some bikes to rent or ride for a day while we're down there. I miss dragging my pucks. Don't care if we get big slow ones or small fast ones, heck even rock chuckers are fine ( the nickname of moyy buddy's cr500)

What do you think Tom?

I'm in.  Checking tomorrow.  1998 CR500 do?...  ;D

forgot you have that super-moto, brrrap!, hey if momma is preggo, i'll rent it from you! although i may get arrested for general hooliganism!

That thing is the ultimate hooligan bike - you can get into SO much trouble SO fast with it.  It's not even funny...  :-[ <thumbsup>  Suzuki made it as a 400, but mine's not.  There's alot inside that engine.  <laughs>

On these small-town streets, he'd lose you after a block...  <dontknow> <laughs> <lmao> <munch>

14.25:1 compression on 106-octane race gas minimum.  Much more internally. 

It's a 56hp bike, to the tire...  <thumbsup>

You need to ride my 109 while you're down here.  That heavy bitch will scare the poop out of you...  :o  It's 750lbs of pure fury...  :cookoo:

You'll crush any 600 or 750 sportbike off the line.  Badly.  <laughs> <lmao>

I have a hard time with the liter-bikes off the line, though.  The young kids on little bikes get embarrassed...  ;D

Greg, I know you can understand these, and know what they mean...  Tuning runs with the secondary throttle plates removed, and then the final outcome - this is the 109, brother.  You can pull a trailer with this thing, if you want to, but it's almost a half-ton of fun when you're NOT...  :o

21Feb08runscombined-1.jpg

Final:

21Feb08tuningfinal-1.jpg

Torque = LAUNCH!!!  ;D <thumbsup>

Brrrp, pull,  wheelie!  Brrrp, brake,  stoppie

I gotta see if my buidy still has the video we made of us jamming on our rockets. I had my tlr1000 and he had a cbr929. It was sweet. He ripped off a 6 mile wheelie on 91north in 5th gear.  Lots of good times back then.

i beat a 929 today, front end climbing as i walked him <thumbsup>