• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see your AR-15

imschur

9 hours ago, GRA said:

Ever been around one of those uncapped?  Absolute savage animal.  At idle it vibrates the ground.  Genuine USA-made badass.

I start every one the first time with open headers / exhaust.  Awesome!!!! Had a 34 Plymouth with a 400 HP 360 and built individual header pipes that came out behind front tires like a fueler.  BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well this is how all of my builds start...they have "to season"  graze a lil with all of the needed parts and some extra parts from different calibers .:fullauto:I took a peek last night and the parts have almost melded into a nice stew...just about time to assemble

Wash

006.JPG

Edited by washguy

This is a scrap bin makeover. Had an old style Olympic Arms Plinker Plus 5,56 floating around for years. Cost me $429 new way back when. Picked up a delton upper reciever fir $39 online a year ago and swapped out the carry handle reciever. When Walmart got out of the black rifle accesory business I picked up a MFD six position stock, a picatiny rail handguard and  a vertical grip for $60 total. Found a six position carbine buffer and spring used for $10 at a gun show. Got the rear sight and the reflex sight for $20 at a garage sale. Got $558 in it so far. Taking.it.to the range this week to see.how it shoots.

olympicarms.jpg

20171126_145538.jpg

Edited by Sisco

The Oly "Plinker" was a cast aluminum lower receiver.  The only difference between the "Plinker" and "Plinker Plus" was the plus-model used their forged lower receiver - you have a good one, and it's a piece of history, as well.

I still have the opinion that Oly made great shiit - back in the day, they were the ONLY company that manufactured everything in their own shop.  Everything.  They bought parts from nobody, and did ALL their own work (and work for other "manufacturers").  Their barrels are incredibly accurate. 

When I bought an AR from them, I had to wait in the showroom while they finished rifling my barrel... No kidding... they were in the middle of a barrel run of the barrel profile I wanted, and they told me to hang around. Got to watch it being finished.  

I hope they keep on going, with everything that's going on with them.  Lotta haters out there, but I have much respect for them, and what they do.  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, blue109 said:

Thats cool. I want to go the other way and build a beater with an A1 upper.

PM me when you are ready. The original Plinker Plus has basically an A1 upper. It has A1 sights, would be very tough to distinguish. I will give you a nice price.

Tried it out at the range today with some M855 green tip. It ran flawlessly except it would not lock back on an empty magazine. I only had one magazine with, so I will have to see what happens with a different one, but I am guessing the BCG is going back far enough to chamber, but not quite far enough to lock open. Any quick fixes? Thinking I might try unscrewing the buffer tube one turn and retightening the stock ring to see if that allows it.