imschur

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, the top 2 are mine, the bottom one is my sons. He doesn't like all the bells & whistles I do so he kept his pretty simple. I on the other hand... :D Top one was my last build, it was the culmination of what I felt I wanted on an AR, it's a Spikes Tactical lower with a YHM complete upper 16" fluted barrel with a Diamond Specter length free float hand guard. Wilson Tactical trigger and a liberal sprinkling of Magpul parts. Weaver Kaspa scope, Kryptonyte green laser and YHM BUIS sites on GG&G 45 degree mounts. Middle one is more CQB oriented, LRB lower, DEL-TON upper and a bucket full of Magpul parts and accessories. Aimpoint PRO optic with a flip to side 7x magnifier from Primary Arms. Here's a pic of #2 with my "fake can" on it and my Eotech configuration. post-13843-0-34057100-1372017259_thumb.j

It'd be a toss up between #1 & #2 if I had to grab just one going out the door, let's hope I never have to make up my mind...

Regards,

Paul

• 1 month later...

Agreed Blue, don't remember what I paid for my UBR but it wasn't full retail. I have a real problem paying full boat on anything, luckily I'm patient and find some pretty good deals by shopping around. I just picked up my PRS stock for my 308 build for $188 brand new saving about $70 over retail, now if I cold just find some mags... ???

Regards,

Paul

• 2 months later...
Here are my latest creations. A Custom Cerakoted Benchmade Infidel 3300 in "Tactical Grey" (H-227Q) with subtle "Sniper Grey" (H-234Q) Striping on the blade and pocket clip, and Stainless Steel Components. In the background is a custom built AR15 in "Sniper Grey" (H-234Q) sporting a 14.5" SOCOM Barrel (Pinned & Welded to 16.125") in "Graphite Black" (H-146Q), 1:7RHT, 5.56x45 NATO, FA BCG, 12" YHM ...FF HG, Custom Low Pro Gas Block (Reduced Original FSB), "PUP GRIP" Fore-Grip, Bushnell Elite TRS-25 Red Dot Sight w/ UTG High Rise Mount. As always, every single bit of work was done by me from beginning to end. All of the Cerakoting refinishing, assembly, and custom fabrication. You know you have some mechanical skills when you can disassemble a Benchmade Infidel and make it work again upon reassembly...COMPLEX INTERNALS!!!...lol.

1375139_10200555945573383_862138304_n.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 2 Weeks ago a buddy stopped by the house with his bare bones DPMS carbine. He handed me $500 cash and said "just call me when its done". Nothing like a blank slate with someone elses money!

CASV EL

Vltor stock

Armalite FSB

KAC micro rear buis.

Obligatory MOE+ grip

Still had money left over after my hustle.post-12215-0-18354200-1383626244_thumb.j

Well, 2 Weeks ago a buddy stopped by the house with his bare bones DPMS carbine. He handed me $500 cash and said "just call me when its done". Nothing like a blank slate with someone elses money!

CASV EL

Vltor stock

Armalite FSB

KAC micro rear buis.

Obligatory MOE+ grip

Still had money left over after my hustle. Wade.jpg

This is what I wanted to do then sh!t got silly and I bought my dissy, which I'm very happy with

I need to get me one. :D

...and I finally got around to it. 

Here's the cheapie toss-around bitch AR15. Bought for $600 including RDS, 3 pmags, 100rds of 223. 

post-14035-0-41173400-1383977910.jpg

CMMG upper (5.56 NATO - 1:9)
Anderson lower
Cheapie Bushnell RDS
Guntec quadrail
KAC rail covers
Vortex flash hider

...and after Shibification (bunch of Magpul pieces I had lying around)

post-14035-0-37328800-1383977916.jpg

.....I'm such a cheapass.

post-14035-0-41173400-1383977910_thumb.j

post-14035-0-37328800-1383977916_thumb.j

Edited by shibiwan

ACS is so nice. I love that stock. Kinda like to trade mine for a ACS L though. I don't use the tubes.

Problem is if you install the screw-on sling QD mount on the ACS-L, it kinda sticks out and catches in your clothes and/or jabs your ribs (yes, I had an ACS-L... Farkle has it now). LOL

Related thought ... anyone ever try to switch out only ONE tube of the ACS with the ACS-L?

Edited by shibiwan

• 1 year later...