Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see your AR-15


imschur
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks gentlemen.

Sketch hook me up bro......... on pistol..Have psa pistol lower in cart.Ingnorant to laws.Pick me a complete upper nitride.

Law abiding.:thumbup:

 

Bubbas4570 sweet lookin piece.

sketch.built several of these with kids.should not every child learn how to field strip maintain and operate AR’S and 1911:banana:

DNP your funny..Have to meet for a drink........

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Thanks gentlemen.

Sketch hook me up bro......... on pistol..Have psa pistol lower in cart.Ingnorant to laws.Pick me a complete upper nitride.

Law abiding.:thumbup:

 

Bubbas4570 sweet lookin piece.

sketch.built several of these with kids.should not every child learn how to field strip maintain and operate AR’S and 1911:banana:

DNP your funny..Have to meet for a drink........

 

no need to buy a complete pistol lower if you are builder just a pistol buffer tube and a brace. you can asemble "i assume" for less.. then the short barrel of your choice caliber.. only stipulations are ( in my state and batfe resource your own local state and city/ county laws.) dont sholder it with intentional use.. i have a .458 that will rip your cheek weld off your face. but its 8" barrel. tends to blow back to the sholder.. not a leagel beagel so do your own reserch and follow your local laws. sig brace is a start. sold at psa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The family!

IMG_4425.thumb.JPG.c16cb81ca49000d6107178e525fbe087.JPG

Left to right:

Colt M4.  The one that started it all.  Swapped out the original handguard for a freefloat.

5.56 -  20" Faxon gunner profile barrel.  Intended for a coyote gun.

308 - 18" Criterion barrel.  My wife dubbed it Bertha cuz its big.  1 deer so far.

6.5 Grendel - 18" Odin Works barrel.  2 deer so far.  My son last fall about an hour apart.

300 BLK - 16" barrel.  2nd AR, the addiction had begun.

300 BLK - 8" barrel, 10" form 1 suppressor pistol.  1 deer last fall with a subsonic.  Almost BB gun quiet.

6.5 Grendel - 12.7" Faxon barrel.  One of the twins that will share the suppressor.

Bottom:

300 BLK - 10.5" KAK Barrel.  My son's new blaster.  Can't tell he is a huge Star Wars fan can you?

 

Edited by dpete
added detail
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just put this together for my little girl. She was looking over my shoulder back around January and saw this Aero builder's kit. "What a pretty rifle." she remarked. Well, that was all it took. This was her graduation present. Finally had some free time, so we (mostly her) put it together this weekend. Great daddy-daughter time. Now to get to the range with it.

ar15_arctic_camo1.jpg.JPG

ar15_arctic_camo2.jpg.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention the parts list.

  1. Aeroprecision Arctic Camo builder's kit with 15" M-Lok forearm;
  2. Ballistic Advantage 18" Performance Series barrel, rifle length gas system, 5.56, 1:7 twist, QPQ nitrided, 41 oz;
  3. Yankee Hill Machine non-adjustable, clamp-on gas block;
  4. Magpul STR buttstock, SL grip, 20 round magazine, all Arctic camo painted by Blowndeadline.net
  5. Geiselle G2S trigger;
  6. Magpul Pro front and rear sights;
  7. AR Stoner customizable LPK, carbine buffer spring, carbine buffer, 6-position mil-spec extension;
  8. Standard AR15 bird cage.

It went together with minimal fuss... no lost springs or launched detents. Only a few expletives :bitchslap:

Edited by mineralman55
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, mineralman55 said:

Just put this together for my little girl. She was looking over my shoulder back around January and saw this Aero builder's kit. "What a pretty rifle." she remarked. Well, that was all it took. This was her graduation present. Finally had some free time, so we (mostly her) put it together this weekend. Great daddy-daughter time. Now to get to the range with it.

ar15_arctic_camo1.jpg.JPG

ar15_arctic_camo2.jpg.JPG

Damn that’s sexy!!! Time well spent, and many great memories to come too! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of my safe queens, it's my competition rifle, I used to shoot a lot of IPSC Rifle competition, not so much now, not enough time and I'm not as young and fit as I think I am.

18" 1:8 Krieger barrel, I chambered it in .223 Wylde, JP BCG and recoil system, Elftmann Trigger, (I just fitted this recently, which is why it went out to the range today, to have a play).

The stock is an AIL that a mate here in NZ makes and sells locally, very similar to the ACE stocks

Upper and lower, well you'll not recognise them, machined up from two 2" thick slabs of 7075-T6 tool plate, a mate and I collaborated on the design, I machined the bore in the uppers and profiled the lowers then he finished them in a very freakin cool 5 axis machining centre that he had access to. There are two sets of these, I have one and he has the other.

 

DVC1.jpg

DVC2.jpg

DVC3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 308kiwi said:

This is one of my safe queens, it's my competition rifle, I used to shoot a lot of IPSC Rifle competition, not so much now, not enough time and I'm not as young and fit as I think I am.

18" 1:8 Krieger barrel, I chambered it in .223 Wylde, JP BCG and recoil system, Elftmann Trigger, (I just fitted this recently, which is why it went out to the range today, to have a play).

The stock is an AIL that a mate here in NZ makes and sells locally, very similar to the ACE stocks

Upper and lower, well you'll not recognise them, machined up from two 2" thick slabs of 7075-T6 tool plate, a mate and I collaborated on the design, I machined the bore in the uppers and profiled the lowers then he finished them in a very freakin cool 5 axis machining centre that he had access to. There are two sets of these, I have one and he has the other.

 

DVC1.jpg

DVC2.jpg

DVC3.jpg

WOW ... definitely a 21st. century AR ... FREAKIN' ROCKS !!!  Good job Kiwi !!! :thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...