• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

45 degree, and 45/90 compatible receivers

We'll keep updating this as more manufacturers make ready their 45 degree, and 45/90 compatible receivers.

The difference between a strictly 45 degree selector compatible receiver, and a 45/90 compatible receiver is the FIRE/pictogram position.  A 45 degree only receiver's FIRE/pictogram engraving is close to 60 degrees, which allows the 45 degree's position indicator to point at it when the selector is set on FIRE.  A 45/90 compatible receiver's FIRE/pictogram engraving is situated at 68 degrees, thereby allowing both the 45 and 90 degree selector to both point to its general direction when the selector is switched to FIRE.

45 degree compatible receiver:

Accurate Armory, 45 degree only receiver (45/90 compatible receiver may be coming)
AccurateArmoryKY.jpg

AccurateArmory.jpg

45/90 compatible receiver:

AR15.com billet receiver
DSCN0979.jpg
DSCN0977.jpg

AXTS, A-DAC-F (forged) and AX556 (fully ambidextrous, billet) and AX762 (coming soon) receiver

A-DAC-F
ADAC-F.jpg

AX556
AX556.jpg

AX762
AX762.jpg

Aero Precision Ambidextrous Lower Receiver, Gen 2 link
Gen2Ambi-6_zps28ec18c3.jpg

Photos courtesy of AR15.com, Military Moron, Aero Precision, and Rainier Arms
icon_smile.gif

Edited by Battle Arms Dev

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My kingdom for an AX762... Lol, at least I think that's the projected MSRP. It's sad that I'll never see one in Cali. It's such a beautiful piece of work. I would have bent that direction if I could have thought of a way to Californize the left side mag release.

Maybe when I move it with 98V5Z. Then I can own all the fun toys!!!

Soo I googled the AXTS AX. Damn you Roger... http://axtsweapons.com/products/AX762    ;D

Isn't that a sexy lookin machine!? I am extremely hard pressed not to try to get into one. The only thing that scares me is the price. They want $450 for their stripped AR15 lower :o , what are they going to want for their stripped 7.62 lower??? <dontknow>

I'd also like to see them come out with an upper eventually. Preferably a slick side, without an ejection port cover. Maybe even some kind of left/right side charging handles???

Say, when you're ready to place the next order, we have a bunch of swag to include in your group buy now  <thumbsup>

I am SO unbelievably derelict in that order - I have no excuse.  The good things is that I've increased the number of stripped lowers on hand (and planned), so I need even more now...  <laughs>  I'll get that order to you when the next paycheck hits.  Should be right after New Year's.  It'll be a decent order, and I pray that you've still got some pink Cerakoted levers left - I definitely need one of those little beauties.  <thumbsup> ;D

The only thing that scares me is the price. They want $450 for their stripped AR15 lower :o

Hey, brother, I'm getting ready to drop $400 on a stripped lower.  Prices are crazy, when it's something you tell yourself that you "need."  Just do it, man.  <lmao>

With a 90 degree selector, the trigger finger side lever invariably gets in the way.  Even with all the levers we designed for the trigger finger side, it will still rub against your trigger finger, it's a lot less with shorter/thinner levers.

The 45 degree selector is very fast, no longer do you have to shift your grip to safe your AR.  Check out couple of vids we posted :)  Notice the speed of safety manipulation, how the selector is put on Safe, and the shooter's grip (that never moves when rotating the selector to Safe).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyVVTTxl0MQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkmt3Hhu0Y&feature=related

Also, the 45 degree selector's lever tips don't point straight down anymore, so the levers get in the way a lot less, even with a standard length and thickness lever.

There's nothing out there that can compare to the 45 degree.  I wish I had that on all my issue ARs, in the past.  It's so much easier and faster to engage and disengage the safety - almost thoughtless.  Just a quick flip. 

Roger, is there a way to get the 45 degree centers, alone?  I'd convert all the ones I have now to them, without hesitation.  If this is something that shouldn't be asked publicly, I'll take it down with a quickness.  <thumbsup>

Our centers don't work with other manufacturers' selector levers without modification, when all is said and done, it'd be easier to get a 45 degree selector from us or one of our dealers  :D

We sell centers too, though they're not on our site, we can work something out I'm sure  <thumbsup>

There's nothing out there that can compare to the 45 degree.  I wish I had that on all my issue ARs, in the past.  It's so much easier and faster to engage and disengage the safety - almost thoughtless.  Just a quick flip. 

Roger, is there a way to get the 45 degree centers, alone?  I'd convert all the ones I have now to them, without hesitation.  If this is something that shouldn't be asked publicly, I'll take it down with a quickness.  <thumbsup>