• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Non Bubba’d Norinco type 56 SKS

JMJ

My grandfather picked it up around 1993 before the Clinton ban went into effect. I think he cleaned the cosmoline out of it then zero’d and maybe shot a 100 rounds then boxed in a closet for 20 years.  I taught my oldest kid how to shoot irons on a centerfire with it. Once I got into AR rifles it’s pretty much sat in the safe. 21A3F2F0-4833-4771-99F6-C6EDB4AE370B.thumb.jpeg.0832f2921016c2cbe759cf8645aad63a.jpeg067EED85-7B4B-43BD-9CF5-F39E6A22CEA9.thumb.jpeg.3c74b32ad7e32d434b7c36c882fd3890.jpeg

5 hours ago, sagebrush said:

fun gun to shoot. took mine squirrel hunting a time or two. mine was bought about the same time yours was. traded a used washer and dryer set for a thousand rounds for it, in the early nineties. 

Fun plinker for sure! I’ve carried it some hiking in the woods thinking I might pop a hog with it, never got the opportunity. Man I wish 7.62x39 was still as cheap as it was in the 90’s, this likely wouldn’t be my only rifle in it. 

Thanks to Clinton they were really cheap here till a couple years ago and price pretty much has trippled since 2019.  Two that I picked up with Canadian Tire money( sort of like points back to spend in store)

Looked back and in 2017 $500CAN would buy a Russian SKS and crate(1440rds) ammo. Now a Russian SKS is $600CAN 

6 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Thanks to Clinton they were really cheap here till a couple years ago and price pretty much has trippled since 2019.  Two that I picked up with Canadian Tire money( sort of like points back to spend in store)

Looked back and in 2017 $500CAN would buy a Russian SKS and crate(1440rds) ammo. Now a Russian SKS is $600CAN 

It’s fairly similar here, last time I saw a SKS in a shop they were asking 450US for it. I think my Pop’s paid 90US for the one above and the one I had when I was 14 I paid 95US for in 1994. Makes me kick myself I traded off my original SKS.

Picked this paratrooper up back in the 90's, little over 100.00. Used it for blacktail for a couple seasons. (No full auto sear, just the instructions!)

Also have a second 20 round box mag for it, and of course all the bubba stuff,  some of the 30 round mags, railed upper receiver and scope, I think somewhere around here a set of bubba black plastic furniture.

272654016_2020-11-2610_03_14.thumb.jpg.4004e5c3018729d9e08b276c4bb94e04.jpg

6 hours ago, blue109 said:

I remember my uncle bought 5 of them for $60 each back in the early 90s. Gave one to each of the kids. Bought 2 Norinco MAK90s for about $120 at the same time. 

Man I wish I’d have bought a MAK90 back then for what they were selling for then. I don’t care enough for AK pattern carbines enough to pay what they go for now vs building another AR. I really do do like the SKS for an irons only woods carbine when I’m not hunting and just shooting targets of opportunity like armadillo and nutria.