KillShot

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I saw one of those for about $650 at a gun show last month.  I hate myself for not getting it, but I was on another mission that day.

Funny, I saw one for that price at a Florida gun show in January, but I didn’t have proof of property ownership yet, so I couldn’t buy it. Haven’t seen that good a price since.

• 2 months later...

Figured I'd add my twins. Both frame up builds. Tritium front sight , 10-8 rear.  USGI  parts where they have to be, Genuine Colt for the most part where it should be. EGW got the nod for most everything else. Lightweight Officer-Commander is for carry, Hi-cap is for the field. loaded wt  2lbs 2 oz for the shorty, 3lbs 4oz for the fat one. Carry gun feeds on 230 grain GMM, the fat one anything its fed. Party mix to Underwood .45 super, fat gun don't care, it just likes to eat.

DSC04471.JPG

Thanks.....My first 1911 was a 1916 issue that made its way back from Europe in the bottom of a duffel bag. Was passed down to me when the time was right. Learned a lot from that pistol. Keep em simple /use Ordnance specs as a guideline and they will go bang every time the trigger is pulled.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. I like having that thumbreak when I am carrying it “cocked and locked”. Got the grip safety, and the regular safety, but I figure it doesn't hurt to a a thick piece of leather between the hammer and firing pin, especially if it somehow gets knocked around. Probably more my phobia than anything, but I like it there.

Nice 1911’s Wolf.

Edited by Sisco