Let's See Those 1911's

KillShot

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Kimber tactical custom HD on top and the better halfs SIG

I've got the little brother to your Kimber, brother, in the Tac Pro II, 4".  My carry gun for 2.5 years, until these bastards here talked me into a plastic gun...  :cookoo:

You already got me on the Springfield, man - that's as far as it goes...  <nutkick> <laughs>

I even had to buy the one with the thumb safety, just to make it "more 1911-ish..."    Bastage...  :thefinger: 

• 5 months later...

Thanks, I could not put in a comment.  This site has been acting up on me lately.  I don't know why!  

Anyway, the pistol is a Detonics Scoremaster in .451 Detonic Magnum.  I have dies specifically for the .451 DM round and 500 piece of virgin OEM brass!  Machinegunner, Blaine sent me a Detonics Patch with the snake for free which was very nice of him.  

The grips are made of aluminum and the emblem is of the 2nd Battalion, 504th PIR (Parachute Infantry Regiment - 82nd Airborne Division) which is my regimental affiliation.  This is not official - it is an artist's rendering.  The White Devils are the 2nd Battalion.  

Thanks for the welcome guys. Dad taught me and my brothers to shoot with that 1911. Its amazing how well made the pistol still operates and how smooth the action is. I bet we have fired thousands of rounds out of that 1911. Dad used to shoot competative with the local gun club and nationaly at NRA matches. Rapid fire pistol and service rifle. He was also very active with the NRA. It saddens me that dad is no longer with us and I do miss him.

I have dads M1 Garand and 1911 and my Granddads 1903 Springfield. I wanted to keep the tradition of keeping our service rifles, but the Army made me turn in my M16 when I left.

Dad had another 1911 and a SW model 52-1 for competition.

post-14014-0-79837800-1379107480_thumb.j

post-14014-0-25689700-1379107482_thumb.j

post-14014-0-08015700-1379107516_thumb.j

post-14014-0-83340200-1379107518_thumb.j

Edited by Dan67

THANK YOU for you'r service brother.I love my Garand.Finally shot it last weekend but did't snap pics.Went with a bro from work.He didn't like the recoil,I loved it.Was a little gunshy loading it as I had the bolt slam on my thumb went I first looked at it.I didn't have it latched fully rearward.Got my Garand thumb....had to join the club. ^-^