Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shepp.....   Even when it comes to burning crap up...get the best and don't cheap out like ive been doing.....been lax on ordering ,so ive been getting that 20 lb bag at home depot Pit Boss...it suks.....I forgot what good smoke was...ordered off amazon and got this Rec Tec....Hell Yes....gonna get the blend this week...thanks!    :thumbup:  Wash

34 minutes ago, washguy said:

Shepp.....   Even when it comes to burning crap up...get the best and don't cheap out like ive been doing.....been lax on ordering ,so ive been getting that 20 lb bag at home depot Pit Boss...it suks.....I forgot what good smoke was...ordered off amazon and got this Rec Tec....Hell Yes....gonna get the blend this week...thanks!    :thumbup:  Wash

Luckily my ace carries the treager ones so

if I get in a jam I just get them

Shepp   went to amazon to order the rec tec blend,but guess what? power of the pellets has got their new back cherrywood on sale....ive always read where cherrywoos is aweome for color and smoke...you might wanna try some...I got some on the way    :thumbup:    Wash

2 hours ago, washguy said:

Shepp   went to amazon to order the rec tec blend,but guess what? power of the pellets has got their new back cherrywood on sale....ive always read where cherrywoos is aweome for color and smoke...you might wanna try some...I got some on the way    :thumbup:    Wash

Cherrywood its great fruit wood to cook and smoke with. I use cherry and apple a lot, Its great! 

I found some pork sirloin roasts for 97 cents per pound and figured I wouldn't be out much if I screwed up. 

20180623_174706.thumb.jpg.7cb1266bd405c9bd105cf828569c8459.jpg

About 2 pounds each, a generic pork rub plus some cayenne. Smoked at about 275 for 1.5 hours with a mix of apple and hickory. 20180623_193203.thumb.jpg.abffa56442d1e72017966dd92281b408.jpg

Pulled at 165 internal.  I think they could have used a few more degrees. 

20180623_193620.thumb.jpg.fbeafe5df0a83dc784d420df3fd5870d.jpg

It is tasty though.

16 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I found some pork sirloin roasts for 97 cents per pound and figured I wouldn't be out much if I screwed up. 

20180623_174706.thumb.jpg.7cb1266bd405c9bd105cf828569c8459.jpg

About 2 pounds each, a generic pork rub plus some cayenne. Smoked at about 275 for 1.5 hours with a mix of apple and hickory. 20180623_193203.thumb.jpg.abffa56442d1e72017966dd92281b408.jpg

Pulled at 165 internal.  I think they could have used a few more degrees. 

20180623_193620.thumb.jpg.fbeafe5df0a83dc784d420df3fd5870d.jpg

It is tasty though.

Doc...they look great...never seen that cut...ill get Chars boyfriend to cut some ....yep ...you needed 325/350 ish for an hour and 15...or did you cover and let rest it would have risen a few degrees...too pink?...doesn't look like it...I bet the thinner ones were right on?    On second thought those are pretty thick ...I can see now they needed more temp or time  ?Mr. Yashadas is your basting friend    Wash

Edited by washguy

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic