Grilling

imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got a decent size butt 8 pounder.. Been on since 8am doing the slow roll just now at 160 gotta turn up the heat from 180.... These rec tec pellets put out some btus.   Wash

The nice gentleman... Marine who sold us the car is coming over for dinner...... And a hand job... How you think I got the last 500 knocked off? ?

20180819_155451.jpg

Edited by washguy

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DNP said:

Annual deep pit this weekend. Tomorrow night we fire up the 40' pit. Tonight we pick up around 1500lbs of beef. Can't wait :drool:

Used to have something like that around here. They would get the huge pit going early in the morning, bury a huge pile of meat in it, then ride horses around the hills all day. The feast was always epic, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, pheasant, venison, even raccoon and beaver! 

11 minutes ago, DNP said:

I could go for some beaver. Speaking of...drove past San Diego State again on the way to the inlaws tonight. Hole-eeee-crap!  Highly recommend Friday nights around campus in the summer. 

The Walmart’s in Madison have been great the past 2 weeks too, lots of braless feminists, if they wore a bra I wouldn’t stare

i got cough by a lesbian looking at her partners ass hanging out her shorts the other day I just smiled like yup you caught me ???

Edited by shepp

Holy fuc my mouth is watering! I assume they cover the pit after the coals get going? Can't remember the exact order but they used sheets of metal, wet burlap, and a thick layer of foil wrapped sweet corn. Wish I would have paid more attention to the cooking back then but I was busy chasing drunk cowgirls. :drool:

9 hours ago, DNP said:

Sliced, rubbed, and put into 27-28lb bundles. Double wrapped in muslin and double wrapped in burlap...tied with bailing wire. I'll be looking forward to the aftermath today. 

image.jpeg

I remember you telling me about this annual event, about 2004.  This is why we wrapped the T-Day Dunes turkeys in muslin and burlap, then buried them in the campfire... :hail:

Can't believe I've known you guys for almost 15 years now - it's an honor, my good man.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, DNP said:

Sliced, rubbed, and put into 27-28lb bundles. Double wrapped in muslin and double wrapped in burlap...tied with bailing wire. I'll be looking forward to the aftermath today. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

damn bro that is a feast! how can you have a fire that big in cali?? right now.  i cant light my farts or face a fire marshall fireing squad,  that will be arrested for fireing a gun in the county.. nice turn out !

That was the smallest group I've seen in the 20 some years I've been doing that, but it was a good group. All workers. Usually there's a huge group of partiers all in the way. I was worried the BBQ turnout would be low today based on that. Nope...it was huge!  Packed all day. I think the church made out really well this year. The weather was perfect.  

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic