imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Country style ribs. Some people call em pork fingers. Here's a pic when the get wrapped (previous cook). That's shredded butter, honey, and brown sugar on top. 

20171105_100433.thumb.jpg.c1c90daa33df207b899ecdfa004c76c5.jpg

Nice!! Never seen them done like that, off to the google machine

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:19 PM, Boot_Scraper said:

Country style ribs. Some people call em pork fingers. Here's a pic when the get wrapped (previous cook). That's shredded butter, honey, and brown sugar on top. 

20171105_100433.thumb.jpg.c1c90daa33df207b899ecdfa004c76c5.jpg

I cook pork ribs a lot because of how inexpensive they are. I actually cooked them Saturday even. But I have never tried them like this. I think next time I will.

38 minutes ago, DNP said:

After clearing an auger jam this morning, I finally got a 7lb butt on the traeger. 

Next butt I'm thinking 75% death dust and 25% dominator....thoughts?  Any of you done a butt heavy on the dust yet?

I think I had a jam last night too started the grill come out side I can hear a grinding and the garage is solid smoke 

that’s a lot of death dust!!!!

solid dust on wings..me too, but im the only one eating them....50 /50 is more better......slather the butt with yellow mustard  too ....Wash

I had a jam too last week......rainy weather then sunny then rain makes for crumbly pellets....keep those pellets in the bag dry or put em  in some kinda sealed container  

Edited by washguy

20181212_151238.thumb.jpg.f407db468d53c83ac90755e37cd88ac4.jpg

Last night I made squirrel stew with fresh, carrots, tomatoes, celery, potatoes, onion, and sautéed garlic. Also included olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, paprika, and sweet red wine. All cooked in some venison stock. ? 

20181210_162043.thumb.jpg.1c86efbab2f397e34c8e507137d1a4ee.jpg20181210_163914.thumb.jpg.94875c89156a649ac919e90262164fb6.jpg20181210_163929.thumb.jpg.e8be8987ef81a267ed31d1c32080b56f.jpg

The night before I cooked venison ribs. they were pressure cooked first until they basically fell off the bone, and then they were barbequed on the grill.

1 hour ago, DNP said:

You are designated cook in the spring. Leave the squirrels. 

haha. I might be to sloshed to know the difference between pepper and salt. 

besides, I usually cook like I am riding the magic school bus. take chances, get messy, make mistakes. lol. I don't think there is anything I wouldn't try though. lol.

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

haha. I might be to sloshed to know the difference between pepper and salt. 

besides, I usually cook like I am riding the magic school bus. take chances, get messy, make mistakes. lol. I don't think there is anything I wouldn't try though. lol.

If we can get Doc to bring over a roadkill Armadillo, will you cook it? I'll eat that bastard out of personal vengeance.  :thumbup:

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If we can get Doc to bring over a roadkill Armadillo, will you cook it? I'll eat that bastard out of personal vengeance.  :thumbup:

Did you know besides humans, armadillos are the only known creatures to get leprosy? no thanks, they have been one of the only animals on my list I wont eat. lol. unless you want to take it to a vet and have it tested. haha

I wonder if you would boil them like a lobster. haha