imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

wow, that does look pretty good, and looks like a lot of food. maybe if I get down near east troy sometime. I really like the bp smoke house in tomah. and it is owned by a retired state patrol major. not much seating in the place, but food is amazing

This place started in a gas station right off 43 but moved this fall when they tore it down

On 1/27/2019 at 6:51 PM, RobPLSCA said:

french ed

That is "Frenched" not french ed. The bones are wrapped in foil so they don't burn. He put olive oil, fresh, finely chopped rosemary, special seasoning mix, and some other fresh herb on them. And a load of minced garlic! 

20190127_181657(0)_1548648468085.jpg

20190127_193243_1548646426871_001_1548646524986.jpg

Edited by RobPLSCA
Add photos

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Really enjoying this riverside rental I'm in, set up to be a high end vacation home and all new since a 2017 flood. Rarely have a place to grill when I'm on the road so I have been taking advantage of it regularly, Iowa chops and zucchini today.

IMG_1173.thumb.jpg.b617c5fea969a4ad7ff7eb7a8db475a6.jpg

Again they look great

walked into the local grocer planing on getting a flank streak to cook in the broiler. To my surprise I found tri tip and immediately reached out to @DNP for directions 

started at 150 on the green mountain after 1hr 45 min I bumped it up to 175° after Over 2 hours I bumped it up to 200°, got the internal around 120°, pulled and reverse seared in the broiler about 2:30 min each side at 500°. It turned out fucking awesome brother, thank you!! 

2631049A-E5E6-4A12-B2D0-EEA0B2E1598C.png

D66F8FFD-EC3D-4AE7-9B9C-C4DC7220606D.jpeg

FB922B95-D197-471A-9B1D-A1A84A68D34E.jpeg

AAEB8EEA-0843-4082-9FDC-7C00B414C7A2.jpeg

Edited by shepp

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

The only way I can find Tri Tips in Wisconsin is ordering them from my butcher.A great cut of meat the Midwest really hasn’t discovered.

This was at festival foods, they’re based outta the fox valley but been spreading out like crazy the past 4-5 years. They been carrying some different cuts of meat they also get these colossal t bones and giant tomahawk streaks too and that’s were I found the picanha 

Edited by shepp

yeah they are the best place to get a variety of meats, even have a lot that are already seasoned if feeling lazy or just want to try their flavors. can be pricey, but often times you can find some great deals. of coarse the best place to go is always the local butcher, festival often times carries stuff a local butcher probably doesn't have.

two other nice things about festival foods, is they buy a lot of local stuff. we have a lot of local farmers that sell fruits and vegetables to festival. supporting local farms is always a plus. 2nd, many have little daycares where they will watch your kids for free for 2 hours! wife and I have considered dropping our kids off and just going out to dinner. haha

29 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

yeah they are the best place to get a variety of meats, even have a lot that are already seasoned if feeling lazy or just want to try their flavors. can be pricey, but often times you can find some great deals. of coarse the best place to go is always the local butcher, festival often times carries stuff a local butcher probably doesn't have.

two other nice things about festival foods, is they buy a lot of local stuff. we have a lot of local farmers that sell fruits and vegetables to festival. supporting local farms is always a plus. 2nd, many have little daycares where they will watch your kids for free for 2 hours! wife and I have considered dropping our kids off and just going out to dinner. haha

They also put food on my table in more than one way.