• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

1 hour ago, shepp said:

Steak rubbed with oakridge Santa Maria, prawns soaked in veg oil with 2 tbs white vinegar, garlic powder, salt, lemon zest, tarragon and seafood seasoning (like obay). Goes great on a lot of seafood I found the recipe when I started grilling soft shell crab

IMG_7426.JPG

That looks yummy.  I'll have to try that recipe the next time I make shrimp.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going after more shrimp, just to try that out.  They got rubbed down with garlic salt and Tony's seasoning and let sit for an hour.  Then I used melted (real) salted butter, garlic salt and a dash of Tony's seasoning - those two things mixed into the melted butter.  Brushed them down with that, and kept brushing them whilst over the heat. 

6909d535-0d40-485e-babf-5fe3d5059976_1.6

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

I'm going after more shrimp, just to try that out.  They got rubbed down with garlic salt and Tony's seasoning and let sit for an hour.  Then I used melted (real) salted butter, garlic salt and a dash of Tony's seasoning - those two things mixed into the melted butter.  Brushed them down with that, and kept brushing them whilst over the heat. 

6909d535-0d40-485e-babf-5fe3d5059976_1.6

I thought about using creole seasoning instead the obay style I bet it would also be good

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, Armed Eye Doc said:

That looks yummy.  I'll have to try that recipe the next time I make shrimp.

IMG_7426.JPG     SHEPP     You out did yourself    AWESOME PLATE  !!           Wash

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, DNP said:

Just made up a batch of brine for pastrami. I kinda want to bath in it...is that wrong??  No wonder I'm fat. 

Its cooling. 3lb brisket flat going in before I go to bed. Then the wait begins....

Yum! I did two flats last year one went for pastrami (turned out very salty) the other I soaked in fresh water for a day (to pull some salt out) and made corned beef with  for st pats day it was much better

No pics, but I saw some thick sliced pork belly at Costco last week and picked it up, Took it home and brined it in kosher salt and black pepper. Put it on the smoker with maple wood for four hours. Turned out excellent. Bacon you can eat with a knife. Froze it and allowing myself one slice with my egg each morning as part of my high protein diet.

Running a 5% brine. 1 cup kosher, 1/4 cup pink salt (curing salt- not Himalayan), 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown, 1/4 cup honey, 2tbsp pickling spice, 1 tbsp corriander seeds, 1tbsp yellow mustard seeds 6 quarts of water. Boiled the stuff in 3 quarts and added ice at the end to bring it up to the 6 total.  Going to soak it a day short and only do 4 days instead of 5. I'll rinse and see how it goes. 

22 minutes ago, DNP said:

Running a 5% brine. 1 cup kosher, 1/4 cup pink salt (curing salt- not Himalayan), 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup dark brown, 1/4 cup honey, 2tbsp pickling spice, 1 tbsp corriander seeds, 1tbsp yellow mustard seeds 6 quarts of water. Boiled the stuff in 3 quarts and added ice at the end to bring it up to the 6 total.  Going to soak it a day short and only do 4 days instead of 5. I'll rinse and see how it goes. 

I went by the book also did everything by weight. I think I let it soak to long too so that maybe a good choice 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, DNP said:

What's that green schit in there?  I think the French fries are moldy

:laffs:Doing a brisket myself this weekend for some friends who are coming up to see Delbert McClinton. I am going to try pastrami sometime.

More prawns and I was craving muscles in wine sauce got some clams too I'll be leaving that to the restaurant from now on they were good but tomuch work for little reward 

IMG_7934.JPG

Ps those prawns are on a full size dinner plate

Edited by shepp

I let it cook a little longer than it should have. All in all pretty good. Too much pepper in the rub...I'll dial that back next time. 4 days was good for the soak. I put it in a fresh bowl of water for about 30 minutes before I got it out to throw the rub on. Salt content was good. I will definitely do that one again. 

My my phone takes terrible photos in the flourecent lights. Served on our finest paper plates...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

55 minutes ago, DNP said:

I let it cook a little longer than it should have. All in all pretty good. Too much pepper in the rub...I'll dial that back next time. 4 days was good for the soak. I put it in a fresh bowl of water for about 30 minutes before I got it out to throw the rub on. Salt content was good. I will definitely do that one again. 

My my phone takes terrible photos in the flourecent lights. Served on our finest paper plates...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Awesome I'll have to try it again

I almost had a pic with a peanut butter stout in it for you, but apparently it didn't like the ammount of travel it's been on lately. Blew the top and made a mess when I opened it up...bummer. Had one explode in the cooler when we went to lake Powell two weeks ago. 

Things like this pastrami make me want a slicer even more. Someday soon....someday. 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic