imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Sisco said:

If it was Wash's nitreous powered baby that might be a problem, but mine is stock so he probably could.

Nope no more nitrous...I took an oath after a near death experience on the HI way...  not with me at the wheel...Sisco or Shepp can do it...not me....that was one of those I lost one of my nine lives kinda thing.....  tell the truth Sisco...you took off the traction control and maybe the road was cold or damp and that baby did the snap back at ya thing....right?   :laffs:   Wash

10 hours ago, washguy said:

Nope no more nitrous...I took an oath after a near death experience on the HI way...  not with me at the wheel...Sisco or Shepp can do it...not me....that was one of those I lost one of my nine lives kinda thing.....  tell the truth Sisco...you took off the traction control and maybe the road was cold or damp and that baby did the snap back at ya thing....right?   :laffs:   Wash

:thumbup:Once was enough to teach me. I will go to “Active Handling” with traction control now, but I never totally turn it off unless I am in a big parking lot with no light poles and want to make donuts. Which I don’t do because tires are expensive!  When I put the Yellow Jacket to bed for the winter, I had to take it in for an oil change when we had snow last week. Still don’t know how I got up my driveway hill.

Back to thread:I have a great stuffing recipe that has been in my family since the 1920’s.

Bread cubes- now I just use pepperidge farm

3 stalks celery

1 cup raisins

3 peeled apples

1 white onion

1 stick butter

1 cup white wine

1 tablespoon poultry seasoning

1 tablespoon Sage

1 beaten egg

dice everthing but the egg and bread and add to a sauce pan with the wine and butter stick and seasonings. Bring to a boil and turn down and let simmer for 15 minutes covered. Put the bread in a bowl and add the contents of the sauce pan and stir in along with the egg. Lightly salt the cavities of the turkey and stuff it full.

Cook turkey according to the recommendations for a stuffed bird.

Stuff is adictive. Can’t do it this year myself because of the diet.

Thanks for the stuffing recipe...on its way to Char ...on the other hand..it might be me making it....her "walker" might prevent her from standing at the counter...ya never know though....she's got that gals pride going on....ill do the turkey on the smoker ,,no biggie..veggies that aint hard to do.......our pitifulness is wearing thin on the neighbor lady....bless her heart....we have gone from her homemade dinners to last night...wait for it....frozen chicken pot pies:laffs:  8 of em  we tried to eat one last night...nope no way...brought back memories' of when I was a kid and Mom and Dad were going out on Saturday night....had the baby sitter for bro and sis ,and me so I wouldn't burn the house down...back to the pot pies....as I remember they were swansons in the lil aluminum cup thingy and as Mom and Dad were going out the door to part....Mom would say 'don't forget the pot pies in the oven'   yuk...Marie Collander  was last nights pot pie...both of us had two bites and along with 6 others they went to the trash....looks like we have run out of sympathy :laffs:  Wash

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Swansons brings back memories....first frozen dinner was chicken parts. I don't like any kind pot pie on a good day. Had fried Spam when were in Hawaii its one of the main staples there I guess. I always liked some fried Spam back in the day. 

Swansons no crap...lol   I saw not too long ago a whole chicken in a can...think it was swansons...how the hell do they get a whole chicken in that smallish can... yuk......fried spam back in the day it was ok ....but fried bologna sammie there ya go !       Wash

On 11/15/2017 at 1:11 AM, ARTrooper said:

I weep for you. 

Come up by me, I'll keep your freezer stocked with road kill. haha. this time of year deer are hit like crazy. And actually had a bear hit tonight, she would of been good eatin. 

Here too. At least two a shift. Had a good 8 pt Buck last night probably 190-200 field dressed 

It wasn't Swansons I saw in the grocery store....it was Sweet Sue...her dumplings ok if you're wanting dough and bits of bird......on the chicken in the can....that bird put up one hell of a fight....give it credit :laffs:

sue.png

canned-chicken-005.jpg

Edited by washguy

1 hour ago, washguy said:

It wasn't Swansons I saw in the grocery store....it was Sweet Sue...her dumplings ok if you're wanting dough and bits of bird......on the chicken in the can....that bird put up one hell of a fight....give it credit :laffs:

sue.png

canned-chicken-005.jpg

After 26 days on  Survivor, I might be tearing that up, but for the moment thank goodness I can smoke ribs and brisket!

15 hours ago, Sisco said:

:thumbup:Once was enough to teach me. I will go to “Active Handling” with traction control now, but I never totally turn it off unless I am in a big parking lot with no light poles and want to make donuts. Which I don’t do because tires are expensive!  When I put the Yellow Jacket to bed for the winter, I had to take it in for an oil change when we had snow last week. Still don’t know how I got up my driveway hill.

Back to thread:I have a great stuffing recipe that has been in my family since the 1920’s.

Bread cubes- now I just use pepperidge farm

3 stalks celery

1 cup raisins

3 peeled apples

1 white onion

1 stick butter

1 cup white wine

1 tablespoon poultry seasoning

1 tablespoon Sage

1 beaten egg

dice everthing but the egg and bread and add to a sauce pan with the wine and butter stick and seasonings. Bring to a boil and turn down and let simmer for 15 minutes covered. Put the bread in a bowl and add the contents of the sauce pan and stir in along with the egg. Lightly salt the cavities of the turkey and stuff it full.

Cook turkey according to the recommendations for a stuffed bird.

Stuff is adictive. Can’t do it this year myself because of the diet.

I know where I'm gonna be on Thursday. :laffs:I'll fuel up the truck..........................

Edited by Rsquared

17 hours ago, unforgiven said:

and sticking a hot dog on a fork and burning it on the stove top.

Been there done that, don't wanna go back.

15 hours ago, washguy said:

sue.png

canned-chicken-005.jpg

Wash, was that match sanctioned by the American Canned Chicken Wrestling Association? The ACCWA?

Wash, was that match sanctioned by the American Canned Chicken Wrestling Association? The ACCWA?

Sisco   You may be right...I think it was:laffs:  the winner got some dumplings ...doesn't look like there was a winner....

Ill give anyone here the cost of the bird plus 5 bucks if they post a pic of them eating the chicken....cant beat that...after all Christmas is coming...and the xtra cash could mean some xtra happiness.....sign up now!

:banana:     Wash

Edited by washguy

10 minutes ago, washguy said:

Sisco   You may be right...I think it was:laffs:  the winner got some dumplings ...doesn't look like there was a winner....

Ill give anyone here the cost of the bird plus 5 bucks if they post a pic of them eating the chicken....cant beat that...after all Christmas is coming...and the xtra cash could mean some xtra happiness.....sign up now!

:banana:     Wash

We need to make this an official "contest" in the contest page.  Doc brought over two items to the Fall Shoot as prizes, but we pissed around so much that we didn't actually make timed shoots a priority.

I'd say Wash needs to post it in the contest section.  Whoever is the first person that makes a video of them eating the whole canned chicken will be the undisputed champion... :lmao:

...and receive their choice of a Beachin' basic black sling, or MFT BattleLink buttstock... 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic