• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
imschur

Grilling

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

so I am cooking venison heart tomorrow... any good recipes you guys have used?

Last one I saw Rinella sliced it in rings and pan fried it

7 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

so I am cooking venison heart tomorrow... any good recipes you guys have used?

I’ve not used any I’ve these but both chefs/hunters are my go to’s

1D02C680-DE9E-4EBA-B048-7D66584BAA34.jpeg

AD43EDEC-D5B7-4C3B-9587-403626A713D6.jpeg

15124CB0-588B-4F34-B9CE-1CF79A9AEDA5.jpeg

A7492BC8-431F-4F3E-AEDF-FC918144FD7E.jpeg

0B93107A-CE9A-4587-8D6D-A8BB1CC0567D.jpeg

Venison heart is far from roadkill if you cook it right. My wife is the most picky eater and she likes it. Last year I fried it with some onions and peppers. was pretty good. Only one heart this year, my first deer's heart was demolished by those 150gr .30-06 bullets, maybe I'll finish the review on those bullets now that I got to take some animals with them.

ART     Sounds tasty...seen it done but never in front of me.....I could do fried ! maybe a lil  jalapeño?      :thumbup:   Wash

8 hours ago, washguy said:

ART     Sounds tasty...seen it done but never in front of me.....I could do fried ! maybe a lil  jalapeño?      :thumbup:   Wash

Damn  Wash, you would eat a deer's heart and you would gag on a Sweet Sue canned chicken? I had the video camera set up and had 3/4 of the whole canned chicken  eaten when the phone rang and a Englishman offered me a fortune in Nigerian gold stock for a pittance when the wife's Chihuahua  knocked the camcorder off broke it and pulled the left drumstick off in the floor and scarfed it up.  The chicken cost $24.95 (shipping free) from Amazon and I can't afford to buy another one. By the way I think the English center of uranus is a scam artist. The canned chicken isn't bad, it is way better than the C rations tuna and noodles we had in the 5th Marines at Gitmo back in'62.   You guys at 308AR seem like a bunch of pussies to me...

17 minutes ago, shepp said:

Mc that’s got to be the best post ever!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, shepp said:

18 minutes ago, shepp said:

Sheppard it is almost all true, except maybe the 5th Marines may not have been in Gitmo in '62....

9 hours ago, washguy said:

Damn  Wash, you would eat a deer's heart and you would gag on a Sweet Sue canned chicken? I had the video camera set up and had 3/4 of the whole canned chicken  eaten when the phone rang and a Englishman offered me a fortune in Nigerian gold stock for a pittance when the wife's Chihuahua  knocked the camcorder off broke it and pulled the left drumstick off in the floor and scarfed it up.  The chicken cost $24.95 (shipping free) from Amazon and I can't afford to buy another one. By the way I think the English center of uranus is a scam artist. The canned chicken isn't bad, it is way better than the C rations tuna and noodles we had in the 5th Marines at Gitmo back in'62.   You guys at 308AR seem like a bunch of pussies to me...

1 hour ago, mrmackc said:

Great post! That Nigerian prince owes me money! Just grilled a boneless butterflied leg of lamb roast rubbed down with seasonings, olive oil and lots of garlic. Wife and I are celebrating my birthday tomorrow(Monday) early, had a few friends over. It was great! With lots of leftovers. Got the kettle grill up to 650 F, Seared it on both sides, then put it on offset heat and cut the heat down to 400 with some apple wood chunks for smoke. 40 minutes later was done. Sorry no pictures. A nice seasoning crust formed on the outside.

25 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Great post! That Nigerian prince owes me money! Just grilled a boneless butterflied leg of lamb roast rubbed down with seasonings, olive oil and lots of garlic. Wife and I are celebrating my birthday tomorrow(Monday) early, had a few friends over. It was great! With lots of leftovers. Got the kettle grill up to 650 F, Seared it on both sides, then put it on offset heat and cut the heat down to 400 with some apple wood chunks for smoke. 40 minutes later was done. Sorry no pictures. A nice seasoning crust formed on the outside.

That sounds tasty and happy birthday sisco