• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Grilling

imschur

On 1/9/2018 at 7:16 PM, shepp said:

Not grilled but broiled flank steak rubbed with lanes bbq ancho espresso rub (subtle and damn good) broiled 6 min to rare/med rare and rested 10 min 

C6FCE828-79AD-4F68-9973-BBE0B264CA89.jpeg

Looks like a good way to make some fajita meat on a cold dreary day

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably somewhere just north of 50. 

I don't think I've ever even been outside in the single digit temps. 12-14 with some wind is about the worst I've seen. I was working at China Lake in Ridgecrest and was really happy to see the sun come up. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sketch ...those are some fine lookin ribs and veggies !                       Wash

Here's my ribs  loan me a sharp knife and some carrots brother

sometimes the ribs don't quite make it to the table:laffs:

20180204_174947.jpg

20180204_170548.jpg

002.JPG

Edited by washguy

1 minute ago, sketch said:

ive got my eye on a treiger (spelling?) at a half price discount if i can keep in good with a client...

That’s the only way I’d buy one the gmg USA much better grill imo. I wanted to do some meat today but I spent the morning at a youth wrestling tourny with my buddies kids maybe next weekend 

1 minute ago, shepp said:

That’s the only way I’d buy one the gmg USA much better grill imo. I wanted to do some meat today but I spent the morning at a youth wrestling tourny with my buddies kids maybe next weekend 

i did look into the gmg at another dealer and had lots to offer...! if i pull the trigger thats a couple months worth of gun shits! hmm? bark or bang? 

8 hours ago, sketch said:

i did look into the gmg at another dealer and had lots to offer...! if i pull the trigger thats a couple months worth of gun shits! hmm? bark or bang? 

Maybe see if they do a Father’s Day sale? I got mine for like 200$ off at Christmas. @DNP has a treager, I think the gmg has more room for your buck, there are some other perks too thicker steal and a few others

If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't go traeger. There are a lot of variations out there. I hope more of them are doing like the Chef Mate does and have a pull-slide on the bottom of the pot to dump the ash. It cuts down time between vacuuming it out. I think they have a dump on the hopper as well which makes it easier to switch wood types. 

I have the $900 version traeger...can't remember the name. It was the biggest they had without adding the extra racks. The racks would be worth it. I e had two pretty big turkeys side by side in mine and saw a video where a guy was doing 32 pounds of pork butt easily. 

Edited by DNP

Sketch don't buy one until you  or I talk to my gal at gmg...ive had my gmg for what now 6 years and never had to pay for a stinkin part yet even after warranty was over...just a couple of months ago after shepp got his wifi  gmg...I called up and got a retrofit for a lil bit of nothing....ive even had them overnite Saturday delivery of a part free of charge that  I needed when I called em on Friday....customer service best ive ever seen....so if your serious ill make the call or let you do it to my gal at gmg......I know ive burned many tons of pellets thru it....it sits outside under this naugahide cover rain snow ice....when I pull the cover off I always wonder how in the hell did they make this custom fit cover that wont rip or come unstiched and be waterproof...hell the cover is better than the grill:laffs:   Wash 

Thanks a bunch fellas i may wait for a month or two to see where my tax money is at, i have a house to reside and a yard to put in,  but its on the short list. Ill let you know when im game wash :hail: Thanks again! Is there any limit to enabeling here ?

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic