imschur

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, Sisco said:

The phrase that is the steak griller’s bible to me.

7 and 8 is what my Dad taught me back in the 60's for med/med rare over charcoal....works on the smoker for sure at 500 degrees...adjusting for thickness of course

Wash

Got some butt on the grill today. Haven't had pulled pork in quite some time. Finally have a Sunday with no plans but to hang out and watch the kids play. 

Youngest turned 3 on Friday and told us he wanted a bounce house with a slide, cake, and balloons. We weren't really having a party, so we hooked him up. Place we rent the bounce houses from started doing a "self pick-up" option. 1 day rental price, you've got it Friday til Monday. These boys are going to be worn out next week.  Couldn't make up his mind for Cars or Batman...so we did both. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, DNP said:

Got some butt on the grill today. Haven't had pulled pork in quite some time. Finally have a Sunday with no plans but to hang out and watch the kids play. 

Youngest turned 3 on Friday and told us he wanted a bounce house with a slide, cake, and balloons. We weren't really having a party, so we hooked him up. Place we rent the bounce houses from started doing a "self pick-up" option. 1 day rental price, you've got it Friday til Monday. These boys are going to be worn out next week.  Couldn't make up his mind for Cars or Batman...so we did both. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That looks like fun!!

Had to take a small break from the bounce house yesterday to go to the oldest's Cub Scout pack meeting. Little 7 year old Tiger scout smoked the competition at the rain gutter regatta. I think he made one of the older boys cry - thought he was going to win just because he was the biggest kid there.  

Swung by the butcher on the way home and picked up the butt and some burgers. Sirloin patties were OK, but they had a "smokehouse special blend" patty that was pretty tasty. "Brisket, short rib, beef bacon - and a bunch of other fatty stuff" was all I was told. At 8.99 a pound for burger meat....it better have been good. And it was. 

image.jpeg

Last weekend was my Mom's birthday dinner.  I cooked for her - shrimp, scallops, lobster tails and filet mignon, all on the grill.  I'll get here to send me the pic of everything, right before we chowed down. It was badass.

Today, I'm firing up the "regular" - the pork roast in the crockpot...

P1060242.thumb.JPG.269a91ef81c746b146f05b7f234dc5ed.JPG

6 minutes ago, washguy said:

Awesome cook Cfunnk :thumbup:   lookin good I can smell it from hear! 

We had to settle for tenderloin  and tators  7 and 8 for med cause they were small    Wash

20180422_194155.jpg

Looks delicious as well. Caught the briskets on sell down here and had a partial day off , kid in school with a voracious appetite, so it worked out well.

Wound up getting pulled into a catered lunch around 2pm with a group of guys my dad rides with. Bunch of old Cowboys that like to trail ride and drink. My mom bailed on going over and we'd paid for a guest, so I ran over for a late lunch. BBQ chicken and Tri-tip. Finished off with a peach cobbler. 

Got home just in time to pull the pork off and let it rest. Shredded it and snacked a little during the process, but I couldn't fit another bite when I sat down for dinner. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, DNP said:

Wound up getting pulled into a catered lunch around 2pm with a group of guys my dad rides with. Bunch of old Cowboys that like to trail ride and drink. My mom bailed on going over and we'd paid for a guest, so I ran over for a late lunch. BBQ chicken and Tri-tip. Finished off with a peach cobbler. 

Got home just in time to pull the pork off and let it rest. Shredded it and snacked a little during the process, but I couldn't fit another bite when I sat down for dinner. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And you say that you're not good at grillin stuff. You lying rat bastsrd. You beat me hands-down any day of the week. Ya prick. 

• shepp locked and unlocked this topic