• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Colt 901 Great rifle

Pappy1600

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't appear satisfied with your Colt. As a service to you, I will begrudgingly take it off your hands. Let me take on the burden of that rifle so that you no longer have to live with the pain of your purchase.

The rifle as is may not be Kali compliant. I will take it off his hands and save you the potential legal trouble.

You guys are most gracious in your offerings....but I was considering trading it in for some ACORN stickers and Obama signed bumper stickers, I don't feel that anyone should own such a firearm, and I would feel guilty in turning it over to you evil black rifle supporters....... I think it would be better suited for show and tell with those beautiful people who are trying to protect you all from such wicked firearms!

You guys are most gracious in your offerings....but I was considering trading it in for some ACORN stickers and Obama signed bumper stickers, I don't feel that anyone should own such a firearm, and I would feel guilty in turning it over to you evil black rifle supporters....... I think it would be better suited for show and tell with those beautiful people who are trying to protect you all from such wicked firearms!

I've been trying for about 5 hours now, and I still find this post to be such heresy that I can't even think of a decent response.  :o

That's the best damn thing I've read in weeks...  <lmao> <laughs> <thumbsup>

Screw it, a picture is worth a thousand words!

tumblr_lrjnpltYDB1r3ovdbo1_400.gif

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Pappy,

Just got my hands on a LE901 w/conversion kit...well it's inbound from the US.

The 223 upper is easy, I have a couple laying around but the plan is one of these(15.7 in) as it's 223 upper http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/29/colt-canada-sas-iur-uppers-sold-public/

Any feedback as to trigger upgrade,stock,scope or other tweaks?

Anyone else have feedback or suggestions or pictures of set ups?It will be pretty much appreciated.

Still need a 308 upper which is proving elusive up here so any suggestions as to finding an upper or parts to build an upper south of the boarder much appreciated.I have an American FFL dealer that I work with for legal purchase and export.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2012 at 6:31 PM, Pappy1600 said:

Just picked up my 901 this week, I was lucky enough to get one of the first 100 rifles shipped with a Colt letter. Very happy with it, now comes the fun part of mating some glass to it. The trigger is what you would expect from a Milspec trigger, that will be the first thing to go! going to install a Geissele trigger ASAP. rifle did not come with the adapter for 556 upper conversion or the block for the magazine well, not sure when those will become available. Overall Colt did a great job on this rifle.

I realize this is a long dead thread but, I'm curious if you still have the 901 and if so, how do you like it down the road? 

I wanted to pick one of these up 5-6 years ago when I found out about it but it was a bit too expensive at the time. Now it's even more expensive but I plan on picking one up, thank God for tax refunds ?. I've heard they now come with the 5.56/ar15 magwell adapter and buffer/spring, which is a nice addition that should have always been included. 

I picked up the 901 lower and looking to find the 308 upper to go with it.

Currently I run a Colt Canada  SAS 15.7in IUR 5.56mm upper and it works great. A bit heavier then my other AR-15 lowers but I like the look with the SAS upper.

I can't speak to the upper but the lower is well built and nicely finished. FYI most are ambidextrous,but a few are not such as mine so if this is a feature you want/need check prior to purchase.

3 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

What are the chances that a Gii upper would fit? It sure would open a lot of possibilities if it did. 

A Google search shows an old CM901 file on Colts website, but the info was gone. There’s nothing of the LE901. 

Unfortunately the front pin on the LE901 in a different location to allow the use of the 5.56 adapter. None of the available 308 uppers(to the best of my knowledge) fit. The other issue is the 308 carrier shaped  differently with the back been smaller(same dia. as 5.56 carrier) 

If you look at the picture the top upper is the 308,observe the location of the front pin.

colt10.jpg

Below is a DPMS 308 upper for comperison
784553_af0ae3ae-e94e-4d63-93c7-b14a045d9