• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Jguns Kaiser 308 Build

Picked this up from My dealer tonight. Looks like a real nice piece. The upper/lower fit is the best I've felt. It seems pretty light, in fact thats what led me to go with this one. When I spoke to Greg at Kaiser he told me that if I used light weight components, I could build a .308 that approached the weight of an AR-15. I'll have to prove that claim for myself.

post-164-136297263906_thumb.jpg

WHOA!!!  :o  First, BIG CONGRATS on serial number 001!!!  I just noticed that their manufacturing location on the lower is Yuma, AZ - when did they move to Yuma?  That's one sweet matched set, no doubt.  <thumbsup>

I know what you mean about the financial end of it. I'd like to do the Kaiser as a high end build, making no compromises based on price of a particular component, which means it may take several months based on the economy. I plan to try to build the POF/DPMS simultaniously with more attention paid to keeping the total cost down so that I can get it done in a reasonable timeframe. I plan to build both of them in a similar configuration as far as barrel length and intended use. It should be interesting to see just how much better performance/accuracy you  can actually buy with  more expensive parts.

I know what you mean about the financial end of it.

Simply means that upper and lower is so sweet that his financial situation will suffer - 'cause your pics are gonna force him to get one.  It's BRD, nothing more.  He's afflicted, much like the rest of us.  If you're not currently afflicted (addicted, affected, diseased, plagued, tormented, tortured, troubled, tormented, or otherwise smitten, etc.) with BRD,...

...then you will be soon - and you'll understand...  <lmao> <munch>

WHOA!!!  :o  First, BIG CONGRATS on serial number 001!!!  I just noticed that their manufacturing location on the lower is Yuma, AZ - when did they move to Yuma?  That's one sweet matched set, no doubt.  <thumbsup>

Thats not actually serial number 1. We had a delay in shipping to the original poster and decided to make the serial his initials followed by 001 to say thanks for his patience. We are located in San Diego, Ca. and Yuma, Az. Just found this site thanks to a tip from the OP, look forward to getting to know you all.

dmr-D.jpg

Survivalshop, I think I probably will be building both at the same time, simply because I really want to get a working gun together and I think that it will likely take a while with the Kaiser because I'd like to use his Forward charging handle setup and, finances permitting, I may try a carbon barrel on it. I was going to order one of the 18.5" barrels from Fulton this week for the POF. I was wondering if any members have had any experience with the Fulton Armory barrels? If so, I'd appreciate any feed back you can offer.

I was going to order one of the 18.5" barrels from Fulton this week for the POF. I was wondering if any members have had any experience with the Fulton Armory barrels? If so, I'd appreciate any feed back you can offer.

I've got the same 18.5" you're looking at, documented in this thread:

http://308ar.com/forum/index.php/topic,130.0.html

Great barrel.    <thumbsup>

I know survivalshop and DNP both have the 16" version of the same barrel. 

I have a FA.,20" HB on my DPMS build & as said a 16" HB on my CMMG /SI Defence build .

I can tell you the 20" is a tack driver & will give target results when I get my Millett TRS1 on this week.

The 16" will probably never see a scope on it , its a blaster & prints good enough with the Magpull sights @ 100 yrds to make me like being on the right end of the barrel .

Both are very good barrels . I'm sure there are better out there , but you can't go wrong with them .

They have potential with the right shooter & ammo.