Dick's sporting goods stops rifle sales

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 years later...

So, these guys are back at it again, stating that they're now going to stop selling "assault-style rifles."

Well, what IS IT with Dick's Sporting Goods?  Did you STOP selling these evil rifles after Sandy Hook?  Or, were you making headlines back then.  If you STOPPED selling them then, how is it that you're going to stop now?... Isn't that already stopped, years ago?...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/dicks-sporting-goods-to-stop-selling-assault-style-rifles

The only thing I've ever bought from Dick's was a box of .410 shotshells. And only because I needed them, and Dick's was the closest place to where I was shooting.

While I was there, I browsed their gun selection. Prices were way high.

Frankly, I'm glad they stopped selling ARs. That means they won't be able to screw unsuspecting AR buyers.

Now if we can just get them to stop selling all firearms, they won't be able to screw any unsuspecting gun buyers.

^^^  That's what we all said the last time they did this, with their propaganda...

The firearms community is ready to HANG X-Products right now, for what Malarkey is doing.  IMHO, what Dick's is doing right now is even worse...

I have yet to shop at dicks, ctd, or buy any troy garbage.  I think there are a few more on my no buy list that escape me at the moment but those are the majors. Xpro doesnt really sell anything I want anyway,  but I do like the message going out loud and clear as a warning to others. 

Edited by blue109

I just put this in the Wal-Mart 21 thread, but I need to put it here, too...

Dick's Sporting Goods, making their statement about not selling ARs anymore, after Sandy Hook... I get it.  They caved to policital pressure, and showed their true side.  So, fuk them.

Now, Dick's Sporting Goods, opening a NEW CHAIN called "Field and Stream" in 2013, so they CAN CONTINUE to sell ARs there...  I have a big problem with that.

That's way worse than Malarkey views/his wife's donations,  and the X-Products bullshiit... 

BIG KUDOS TO PSA!!!   :hail:

@Palmetto State Armory, Josiah - pass it on, you guys did well on this.  :thumbup:

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/03/gun-company-that-sells-ar-15-has-perfect-response-to-dicks-sporting-goods-new-firearm-policy

Palmetto State Armory would like to go on record stating that we support the Second Amendment. While this may seem like an obvious statement, we as a company felt it necessary to make our opinion known to the general public. Palmetto State Armory also strongly supports the First Amendment which enables individuals to voice their opinions, even those in contrast with our own. We believe that a primary purpose of the Second Amendment is actually to protect the First Amendment.

In regards to the actions taken today by the CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods to no longer sell the AR-15 platform, while we do not agree with this decision, we recognize the fact that capitalism gives him the right to make this call. PSA however, does have an issue when misinformation is spread in the very next sentence by referring to the platform as an “assault rifle.” AR stands for Armalite Rifle which pays homage to the company that originally created the platform. To blame the rifle or a high capacity magazine for the actions of an evil man is illogical and is only applied when referring to firearms. Senseless acts of violence are a terrible plague on society that we all recognize we need to try and prevent as a community, but to blame a tool such as a firearm is at very best missing the point of the problem. When a vehicle is used to commit an act of violence we as a society do not blame the car, we do not blame the speed, or the steering wheel, but rather the driver. It is our hopes that we can approach this negativity with humanity and both sides of the argument can come together and have a civil and intellectual conversation that continues to make this amazing county better. We are all in this together, and we all want the same thing. Safety, happiness, and the “American Dream.”

I understand there might be a slight problem with all these stores saying they will not sell long guns to under 21 years of age. When the states laws say 18. If someone tries and is denied, unless the laws age changes, they have a good court case. I'm waiting to see where this goes.