• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

my first gun "project"

shepp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BLKSHEEP" data-cid="58183" data-time="1363497531"><p>

Ive got a 870 that I never use anymore, what;s the cost to trick it out for tactical?</p></blockquote>

90$ for the Blackhawk stock, 30ish for the magpul fore grip, 149 for the barrel (sold my old barrel for 100$), 39$ for the door breach choke, 59$ for the mag tube ex.

• 4 years later...
47 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Wow. 2013. Only thing I miss about 2013 is my hairline. :laffs:

I jumped on an 870 on sale at academy with a Rem rebate to boot. Got the Blackhawk Gen3 but I really liked the Magpul. 

1502843210999389364642.thumb.jpg.f45164d18462dc52d5c2f7d8fa862997.jpg

Meh my own post same gun ? Your BH isn't the same but I notice the pistol grip similar looks like it's hard to access the safety also

5 hours ago, shepp said:

I'm gonna necro this one and now that Photobucket sucks balls there are no pictures but fug it

i got rid of the Blackhawk stock, for the magpul stock. Seems more balanced and easier access to the safety

@Malig8r

IMG_7967.JPG

Looks good Shepp :thumbup: 

I pick up my shockwave tomorrow. Seems PSA shipped that bad boy out in record time. Not gonna get a chance to put it through the paces for a little bit. Seems I have a kidney stone to deal with instead :nutkick:

7 hours ago, Malig8r said:

Looks good Shepp :thumbup: 

I pick up my shockwave tomorrow. Seems PSA shipped that bad boy out in record time. Not gonna get a chance to put it through the paces for a little bit. Seems I have a kidney stone to deal with instead :nutkick:

Sucks bout the stone hopfully it passes with ease!!

12 hours ago, shepp said:

Sucks bout the stone hopfully it passes with ease!!

Not this one...they placed the stent yesterday and I get to go back for the procedure to crush it next Friday...until then I get to piss blood for the next week.

On a lighter note: I did pick up the Mossy Shockwave and I'm digging it so far. Haven't put any shot down the pipe but I like the smooth action. I ended up getting the marinecote version. 

When things return to normal I'll put it through a few paces and see how I like it. In the end it's really just a "because purchase".

54 minutes ago, Malig8r said:

Not this one...they placed the stent yesterday and I get to go back for the procedure to crush it next Friday...until then I get to piss blood for the next week.

On a lighter note: I did pick up the Mossy Shockwave and I'm digging it so far. Haven't put any shot down the pipe but I like the smooth action. I ended up getting the marinecote version. 

When things return to normal I'll put it through a few paces and see how I like it. In the end it's really just a "because purchase".

That ultra sonic shit?? My buddies wife has to have that done about every other year the women in her family are cursed with kidney stones the size of golf balls

On 8/17/2017 at 1:38 AM, Robocop1051 said:

I bought an OpSol mini shell adapter for the Mossberg 500. It turns the shockwave into a 9+1 using Aguila 1-3/4" mini shells. They pop much softer and still deliver a buck load of whoopass. They also have a 1-3/4" 7/8 ounce slug that's zinging out at 1250 fps. 

Found that bad boy on Amazon and I'll have it by Monday. I put that Amazon Prime membership to good use. Make sure I get my money's worth.

On 8/17/2017 at 0:38 AM, Robocop1051 said:

I bought an OpSol mini shell adapter for the Mossberg 500. It turns the shockwave into a 9+1 using Aguila 1-3/4" mini shells. They pop much softer and still deliver a buck load of whoopass. They also have a 1-3/4" 7/8 ounce slug that's zinging out at 1250 fps. 

Works in your 870?

On 8/15/2017 at 6:23 PM, shepp said:

Meh my own post same gun ? Your BH isn't the same but I notice the pistol grip similar looks like it's hard to access the safety also

That's because it's a Rem.  You wouldn't have this issue if it was a Mossy. I'm just sayin'... :banana:

On 8/16/2017 at 5:28 PM, Malig8r said:

This is what it is:

P1050775.JPG

On 8/18/2017 at 7:04 AM, Malig8r said:

Found that bad boy on Amazon and I'll have it by Monday. I put that Amazon Prime membership to good use. Make sure I get my money's worth.

Can't run the 1 3/4" minis without it  you can load them, but they don't feed.  One might go, but the next one falls down into the shell lifter pointed face down, because they're so short.  This adapter solves all that, and limits the rearward travel of the shell when you cycle the action.  Shiit does work, directly as advertised.  :thumbup:

On 8/18/2017 at 9:57 AM, Robocop1051 said:

No, but it'll work in 98Z5V's new 14" Shockwave!! I may have been a small influence in that purchase. 

You fucker.  You ARE the reason I have this thing now.  :bitchslap: I was looking at them, but you brought up the Rem version for the Fall Shoot, and I said I'd buy it for the shoot, and sell it right after and get the Mossy version - just for you.  As soon as you said you didn't care which one showed up, I called the Gun Pusher...   "Get that fucker here right now, man, fast as you can!... Make it that Davidson's exclusive, too, whatever that thing is..."   :lmao: