• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR 8 When did you order? When (if yet) did you receive it.

GS455

On Nov 30th (before the mayhem) I spoke to RR and they were expecting barrels in from Wilson in the next couple weeks.  Then they have to freeze em for 2 weeks.  So the next batch  of LAR-8s Elite Operators should ship out in January.    I guess mine wasn't in that batch as someone else said they received theirs in Jan.

I am posting this entry by Heffe01 from the "This better be worth it" thread:

"Here is what I received from RRA today in regards to the extreme delays in the LAR-8's.

We have .308's on order from February of 2012 that are still waiting on components, unfortunately I do not have any type of delivery estimates or updates on the rifles.  Our barrel supplier is working as quickly as they can but they do not just supply product for us.  Our lead times when given are only an approximate time frame and in no way are any guarantee  of delivery by that date, unfortunately many factors can change during the course of time that can delay and cause unforeseen backlogs.

This is a reply from an email I sent on Jan 11th, so they are processing through all contacts. So if you are trying to reach them via email, it will be a bit of a wait. "

Anyway while I/we twiddle our thumbs maybe we can share our order info as a means of (falsely?) getting our hopes up.

My answers in parentheses.  Just curious . . . .

1) What model? (LAR-8 Elite Operator with ACE stock)

2) What dealer? (Class 3 Weapons)

3) When did you order? (April 10, 2012)

4) When did you receive it?  (Still waiting)

GS

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are tired of hearinghang in there brother GS, but thats all you can do brother.One of the guys got tired of waiting [got something else] and rifle hit not long after maybe 2 mos..It's the worst of times right now.I waited about 5 mos. when times were good.It is a great rifle worth the wait IMO.Sorry I haven't said anything to make it better.At least you got you'r foot in the door :).It's gonna be better thean sex <lmao> <laughs> how's that.Did you smile? Or say fuk off :(

I didn't wait.

Went on Gunbroker and paid to get both Freedom Machine (Operator) and Liberty (Elite Operator) from people that had them in stock.  They were only like $50 over local ordering prices, not bad.

I never understood the order and wait thing, for regular production items, when people had them in stock.

Jon

I ordered an LAR-08 A4 on July 9, 2012.  Got tired of waiting and bought an off the rack AR10 A4 in November. My LGS kept the order open and still has received nothing. Only option was free float handguard. Would have been a great rifle but I am happy with what I got.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had one on order since Nov 2012. So I am closing in on 4 months.

I have heard it has alot to do with how much business you do with RRA. If your dealer orders a rifle here and ther your gonna be waiting awhile! The dealer I am using sells the crap out of their products and says it should be about 6 months Lar-8 varmint. They also said that pre paying for orders seems to speed things up. For exmple they told me they just wrote RRA a check for 92K!!!!!

I agree with unforgiven...The dealer lied to you. They work first in first out on orders. The only way your dealer would get one sooner for you is if he is preordering them in anticipation of selling them. Class 3 Weapons was doing that. But Rock River reps have repeatedly said they process orders by order date and parts availability. If someone else ordered that same exact rifle configuration before you, it will be shipped to them.

I hear ya man. Just hit 240 days today. Looks like I have plenty more days to wait. I am having surgery in 2 weeks...my luck it will come in around that time and I will have to drive 2 hours to go pick it up. I'd be willing to sacrifice a day of fore going pain killers though...totally be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any updates? A guy on another forum got his this week at 345 days.

Did he say who the dealer was?  I'm about to lose it.  I've been buying nice milsurps just to keep me occupied. here's the latest

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?308516-Yugo-24-47-Good-Deals-Still-Out-There-%28Picture-Candy%29

I keep doing this I'm not gonna have any more room in my safe for a big ol .308 AR.  No joke.  I actually had to store this one upside down.

I like the new forum format. Old one was so busy and had to use.  What's the story/explanation?  I guess I lost the count of how many posts I had (???)

Edited by GS455

1) What model? LAR-8 standard operator

2) What dealer? davidsonsfirearms.com

3) When did you order? Dec 21,2012

4) When did you receive it? Still waiting. The dealer spoke w/ RR last week, the excuse was they were waiting on part for rifle assemblys.

I would hate to see what the delivery time will be on this one. I'm sure orders double, trippled, or worse after the 17th. In the mean time...welcome to the waiting game.

• 2 weeks later...

1) What model? (LAR-8 predator)
2) What dealer? (calarms)
3) When did you order? (feb 25, 2012)
4) When did you receive it?  (dec 24 2012)

bought the lower 1/2 here in calif (waited bout 3 months)...ordered upper 1/2 frm RB Precicion...thats how i stumbled on this site...after a few months i saw that people were getting pissed...after 6 months i was getting pissed... numerous emails wth RB...i thought they were lying to me...they weren't...sure glad i waited it out cuz its my most accurate hunting rifle except for my RRA AR-15...i could have bought the complete rifle locally at the time for $1750...i thought that was a bit pricey at the time because after Giesselle trigger,scope and other goodies it was a little more than i wanted to spend...lower 1/2 and upper together was about $1300...and what a bargain this rifle is...im sure glad i waited... now ?...maybe 2 yrs...i put a $100 deposit on an 308 Predator upper bout 2 months ago...hang in there and dont lose ur place in line...if somebody has one in stock, buy it!