• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR 8 When did you order? When (if yet) did you receive it.

GS455

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are tired of hearinghang in there brother GS, but thats all you can do brother.One of the guys got tired of waiting [got something else] and rifle hit not long after maybe 2 mos..It's the worst of times right now.I waited about 5 mos. when times were good.It is a great rifle worth the wait IMO.Sorry I haven't said anything to make it better.At least you got you'r foot in the door :).It's gonna be better thean sex <lmao> <laughs> how's that.Did you smile? Or say fuk off :(

That was me ordered may 11 2012 it showed up early September 2012. I cancelled with my lgs the end of July and picked up a dpms mkII.

Congrats GS!!! What was your final day count? I'm sitting right at 320 right now.

My Sales Order was issued from Class 3 Weapons on 4/10/12.   I received notice that it was in on 5/16/13.  Its supposed to be delivered to my FFL on 5/21/13.

I asked Carol about the rumors of dealers getting product in and telling buyers the price went up.  She said that they regard acceptance of a deposit and issue of their Sales Order as a contract (which it is) and cannot be changed  although back in 08 she definately heard from customers saying that these latent price-hikes were done to them in 08 during the last panic when Obama got elected.

Have you spoken to RRA about this issue brother???

Me?  What would I talk to them about?  No one jacked my price up.  Was mentioned by someone else earlier on this thread and the gal at Class 3 had her own accounts of it from oBAMa time.

Good to know they didn't. I was half expecting a price increase till I saw your post. My LGS is military friendly...so I doubt they will try to gouge me.

Well if they do, "Unforgiven" is right.  Rock River needs to hear about it especially if you have a down payment or confirmation of special-order on your behalf. 

I was several times a Regional or National Sales Manager and some manufacturers have very strict policies (some do not) about the minimum they can advertise an item for (M.A.P.).  At the end of the day (in the US) they cannot force the reseller to sell at a certain price.   That's why it's called Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.  However per their dealer agreement that manufacturer/distributor may rescind special terms, privileges, rebates, advertising co-pay, and discounts.  I guarantee as the largest RR Dealer in the US Class 3 probably get's "off-sheet" pricing and/or special conditions and they will NOT want to lose them.  At least they were the lowest advertised price I could find when web surfing this rifle.

Me?  What would I talk to them about?  No one jacked my price up.  Was mentioned by someone else earlier on this thread and the gal at Class 3 had her own accounts of it from oBAMa time.

GS455,  I have a better understanding as to why my price was $175.00 more than when I originally purchased it.  This is from Rock River Arms themselves.  I received updated parts in my rifle that were different from my original order.  I received the newer buttstock.  I received the newer half quad rail.  Rock river arms did pass the new price onto the dealer which was passed on to me.  I only paid for the upgrades that was added.  It was fair.  It also says on the Rock River website prices subject to change.  If the Parts cost them more it cost you more. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the new 1/2 quad rail (err umm 1/4 rail) on mine and did not endure a price increase.  

Course I had an ACE stock spec'd from the beggining so maybe the newer stock is where the price increase on yours.

• 3 weeks later...

My LGS called RRA yesterday to get an update on my rifle (LAR-8 EO) for me. Apparently my rifle was an order the LGS put in almost a month (mid june 2012) before I bought it (July 5th 2012). So I am further along than I thought. Bad news is, RRA told them the next batch of barrels is going to rifles ordered in May. And they are estimating another 5-6 months at least before they get to mine. I can't believe this snowball effect...18 months for a rifle?

What do you think? Really conservative estimate on delivery, or are people who order now gonna die of old age before their rifles come in?

• 2 months later...

Just an update. 416 Days now since I ordered my LAR8 EO. Plus add on the half month from when the dealer pre-ordered it. So more like 430.

Man I'm sorry. I was a little over a year. Haven't taken it to the range yet but my trigger is messed up. All stiff and spongy. NOT a two-stage "match" feel. They said it would be a six week turnaround. I'll get around to sending it back before too long.

• 1 month later...