• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR 8 When did you order? When (if yet) did you receive it.

GS455

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm sorry. I was a little over a year. Haven't taken it to the range yet but my trigger is messed up. All stiff and spongy. NOT a two-stage "match" feel. They said it would be a six week turnaround. I'll get around to sending it back before too long.

Just realised I never updated.  FYI - I sent mine back and got a new trigger group and now it feels like a dream.  Less than two-week turnaround.  Roughed it in wearing a 4x ACOG and was slapping 16" steel at 300 yds no problem.

Unfortunaltey it's just gone back to RR again under warranty due to tight chamber (?)  Discussed here if anyones interested . . .

Edited by GS455

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My buddy has wanted a 308 for a while. Decided to look around on gun broker for xmas. Found a guy with 2 LAR8s who lived in the same city as his brother. Had his brother give him a call. They decided to each buy one. Ordered the 26th, should be here at the FFL Monday. Don't know the exact model, or price, but he had said in the past he wasn't going to pay over $1400. Seems like a much better option than waiting a year, even if you pay a little more.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I see that keeps coming up with many people.

"I ordered the gun through my LGS and it has now been X-months, still nothing."  Meanwhile, new-in-the-box RRA LAR-8s keep popping up for sale on auction sites.

IF I were waiting I would also be looking at these sales…you know, to see if my LGS has auctioned off my order one or five times.

Still waiting for my special op @ 395 days. Contacted RRA last week, they gave the excuse they were waiting on the barrels. Is there only one barrel manufacturer in the US? To those young entrepeneurs out there, this might be a great business to get into. One saving grace for the ridiculous delay is most of the accouterments have been assembled, in part to the suggestions provided on this forum. Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...