• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR 8 When did you order? When (if yet) did you receive it.

GS455

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obtaining a standard firearms lisence gives you an A catagory version. Not allowed pistols or full auto or any type of semi auto with a pistol grip or bayonet lug, collapsible stock or magazine with a capacity of 7 rounds or greater fitted to it.

Now we know where NY got their 7 round magazine idea?  I always wonder who came up with that number and why.  For some reason I think it's tied to the 1911

I have a metric Fal here with an interesting butt and grip on it which i cant find any reference to on the net so maybe you guys can help me out with identifying it.

Go to The Fale Files.  DEFINITELY  the defacto expert community on FALs

Edited by GS455

Heres a link to our rules regarding firearms lisencing and what not

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1983/0044/latest/DLM72622.html

I find nothing interesting about trawling through pages of beaurocratic jargon and usually end up more confused at the end of it, but this is what will best explain what you need to know about our system regarding firearms lisencing.

No concealed carry and the general concensus is that if you use a firearm for self defence then you are going to jail or are going to be dragged through the court system, not a good thing either way.

I spent alot of time looking through the fal files and have still come up with nothing. There appears to be nothing available on the net which leads me to believe it could well be a very well made custom job.

When i get home i will throw up a couple of pics including my beloved lar-8.

I spent alot of time looking through the fal files and have still come up with nothing. There appears to be nothing available on the net which leads me to believe it could well be a very well made custom job.

Are you a member over there?  Just cause you didn't find it doesn't mean folks over there wont know.  Post your question.  I guarantee SOMEone will know something.  And if Gunplumber responds (arrogant bastard) you can count on his answer.

Yep, the airgun thing is a new amendment to the arms act. They probably think that it lowers gun crime as alot of firearms crime happens here with air and bb pistols.

It came in december 12 and for those that have semi autos with a pistol grip attached, now have a 6 month grace period to put a thumbhole stock on it or apply for the E endorsment to make it an MSSA. The problem i see is that any pistol, MSSA or restricted firearm must have the serial number recorded to the owner. Any held on the A lisence do not.

The more paranoid amoung us look at the police actions of the last 3 or 4 years as nothing but a ploy to get as many on a register as possible so in the future they can be tracked down and have what happened in australia happen to us. Sounds plausible with the way things are going in the world.

Edited by smurf

The more paranoid amoung us look at the police actions of the last 3 or 4 years as nothing but a ploy to get as many on a register as possible so in the future they can be tracked down and have what happened in australia happen to us. Sounds plausible with the way things are going in the world.

EXACTLY ! I misspoke bout my Aussie buddy.....he lives in the country....he is allowed a .22 rifle,but it must be broke down when not in use and stored in two different locations in his home with ammo in a third spot. He gets visited by police bout once a year to check on his 22.....crazy.....and no slingshots allowed.....super crazy thats HIS story anyhow :) Wash

Thanks guys.

No im not a member there. Probably should be though. Heres the Fal for you to ponder over in the mean time.

attachicon.gif20140417_164024_1.jpgattachicon.gif20140417_163406_1.jpg

Pretty stock.  I'm guessing it's a custom job - like mine.  Not to take my (OP) thread too far a field but here's my pretty Argy Franken FAL.

DSCN5231a_zps092478da.jpg

DSCN5313.jpg

DSCN5340a.jpg

Edited by GS455

I like that MI handguard didn't know it would fit LAR-8.I have the S.O. they just came out with this: http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=621. Sadly the legislative body over there seems intent on eventually getting you'r firearms.How does the general populace feel about the right to bear arms?? The wood on both of those Fal's is bueatiful.I guess suppressor's are out of the question there ??

Edited by unforgiven

Wow! That looks really nice! And where do you pick up a fore end like you have? How did you go about fitting a folding charging handle to a metric gun? You might want to PM me so i dont continue to derail this thread (sorry all) Mine had a wooden carbine length type fore end when i got it, it had striking similarities to your handguard.

This is a pic i forgot to put up that originally lead me to believe that my buttstock may not have been custom made. Who goes to that much effort to engrave the FN logo?post-14728-0-44100500-1397752908_thumb.j

Hey unforgiven,

The one to the link you posted is pretty much the same as mine but without the flat areas on the rail. I have a sneaky feeling that the packaging said it fits a "dpms/lar-8" rifle or maybe "armalite/lar-8" i will have to dig it up and look. I had a guy over here wanting to know where i got mine from and i couldnt find it anywhere on the MI site. I know its an SS gen 2.

Some in the gun community like the idea of bearing arms but some think its a bit hero like. The non gunners stance is..... well, use your imagination! Its just not going to happen.

Suppressors are unregulated. We have a number of suppressor makers here. Everybody seems to chuck one on their hunting rigs. They can be had for as low as $200 new. We look at it from a safety standpoint, less hearing damage when suppressed.

Advice regarding the possession, use and sale of slingshots in Victoria

12 April 2013

Slingshots are classified as a prohibited weapon in Victoria pursuant to the Control of Weapons Act 1990. Victoria Police is aware that some members of the public are bringing slingshots into Victoria from other states for the use in recreational activities such as fishing.

Members of the public should be aware that even if they legally posses a slingshot in another state, it is classified as a prohibited weapon in Victoria. This means that slingshots cannot be possessed, carried, used, displayed or sold without a Chief Commissioner's Prohibited Weapons Approval. Using a slingshot for a recreational activity such as fishing does not constitute a genuine reason for possession, and Victoria Police will not grant a Chief Commissioner's Approval on this basis.

The penalty for possessing, using or carrying a prohibited weapon without a permit is 240 penalty units or two years' imprisonment.

Never doubt the Wash Haha :) Washguy

• 1 month later...

Just got done looking on GB and there is a metric shite ton of LAR-8s on there...some for slightly less than I bought mine (before all the doo-doo started).

I'd say if you haven't received your rifle yet, demand your money back and get one with a Buy It Now price you find acceptable.

Elite Operator LAR-8s for $1,350 BIN.  Smokin' deal!