• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/20/2018 at 9:20 PM, 98Z5V said:

Oh shiit, when I saw dpete in this thread, I knew I was in trouble...   :laffs:

That 300 WSM, you can keep - Mikey has one of those things, and it's a fucking beast.  The 450 Marlin has my interest...  

....and now I just received a Christmas coupon in an email from KAK that I might be able to pass along.  A buddy of mine who is a federally licensed gun pusher and ammo remanufacturer does a lot of work for KAK.  I've held one of the prototype 450 Marlin uppers.  I knew it was not a 308 but when he said 450 Marlin and showed me an empty shell casing I had a holy chitt moment.

2 hours ago, dpete said:

The shell casings look like a 7mm Mag or 300 Win Mag cut off below the shoulder.  Straight wall for the entire length.

That's just great.  And I've got this .358 Yeti stuff up my ass right now, too...  

Oh, and 500 Blackout.  Did I just say that?  I'm pretty positive I did.  500 Blackout.   Fuk me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Think I'd rather have a .375 raptor over a 8.6 creedmoor/.338 blackout

http://www.375raptor.com/375RAPTOR/

I’m laying back until things go main stream see which one/ if any take hold.

I bet on 458 socom Over 450 Bush and 50 Beo. I figured no need for proprietary mags, worked of the same operating pressures just swap uppers, and used actual rifle bullets it’s a win. Who knew .450 would pick up SAAMI approval first and other manufacturers would be all in.

6 hours ago, Agent Venom said:

$5,500!!! And needs proprietary mags as well as can’t just slap on an Upper.

also can’t go Subsonic to supersonic. A solid Meh.

You'd think different if you've ever had it on your hands, and seen the projectiles.  You can keep your 338 blackout - it's not the "big boy blackout" in any way...

This cartridge compares to a .338 Federal.  I'll just keep my .338 Federal with Hornady 225gr SST loads.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, Agent Venom said:

I’m laying back until things go main stream see which one/ if any take hold

I would bet the 8.6 creedmoor will go main stream first because of the creedmoor name, and again the backing of Hornady. main stream doesn't always mean better. the thing about the 300blk that I liked was it put the 223 case to the max for the best subsonic capabilities out of it and allowed you to use a very very common case for reloading. .375 raptor does the same thing but in a 308ar platform. you put that very common case maxed out for the best possible subsonic capability out of it.

6.5 creedmoor and 8.6 creedmoor have good case designs, but I like the idea of being able to use .308 family brass.

• 3 weeks later...