• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS type Nickel Boron BCG's available on GB

I just got mine, and since I was given the referral, I'm passing it on.

I talked to these guys today when I was paying for my auction they are literally selling hundreds, so refresh the page after you use the link, to get to the current auction..

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=1050897

Edited by Lon Moer

Got my BCG in the mail today. I called and paid for my auction on fri morning and the package was here on mon. :)

The BCG dropped right in to my Red-X Arms upper.

And while the auction sellers name and contact information were kind of confusing, the package shipped from a company called EliteTactical Advantage.

I also bough this BCG on gunbroker. The machining is a little rough in some places and it's kind of loud when it runs along the inside of the upper receiver.  There are "rings" (for lack of a better word) that were left on the carrier when it was produced that make almost a grating sound....over all i cant really complain though. Its very difficult to find any 308 BCG right now not to mention a nickel boron coated BCG. The price isn't bad either.

Are these the same ones that Harris Tactical is selling on their website?  They specifically state that they sell Elite Tactical Advantage on the bottom of their website.

I have one on order with Harris Tactical but the delivery date keeps moving later and later.  I'm tempted to just pick up one of these off of GB.  The price is the same.

Ok, broke down and purchased one on GB on Wednesday evening and cancelled my order from Harris Tactical.  It looks like the same thing but I don't have to wait another month.  The BCG was the only thing I was missing to complete mine so I just bit the bullet to get it.  I called Thursday morning to pay for it and it's set to arrive on Monday.

Ok, broke down and purchased one on GB on Wednesday evening and cancelled my order from Harris Tactical.  It looks like the same thing but I don't have to wait another month.  The BCG was the only thing I was missing to complete mine so I just bit the bullet to get it.  I called Thursday morning to pay for it and it's set to arrive on Monday.

It's definately hard to wait for things...my impatience has cost me a few hundred bucks this year. I've also become so wrapped up in builds that I've probably committed all my extra money for the next few years in 2 AR-15s and a 300 BLK. I was always one to pick an expensive hobby anyways.

I had one on order with harris too that I cancelled, and I felt bad. but the company manufacturing my lower offered a new package deal for a nib bcg for $185 with the lower...

I had one on order with harris too that I cancelled, and I felt bad. but the company manufacturing my lower offered a new package deal for a nib bcg for $185 with the lower...

Was that in the last few months? Great price. ha, let me know what company so I can put them on speed dial.

I bought one from the GB guy thats been mentioned. Mine looked GTG with no rough machine work. I haven't fired it yet. I second the comment about in stock BCGs on FA. They're only 50 bucks cheaper so I'd stay with the nickel boron one.

For me it's more about a reliable known source. I understand we need more options in bolt carrier groups. I welcome and embrace the new offerings but I will leave the field trials and R&D to others. Heck even Young MFG had some growing pains with the .308's

Anyhow guys please do check the headspacing and keep reporting back on the long term results and experiences. I'm hoping for the best here.

Anyhow guys please do check the headspacing and keep reporting back on the long term results and experiences. I'm hoping for the best here.

I have the Go/No-Go gauges that I ordered from Brownells.  I don't plan on taking any chances with the build.  Putting together this one was expensive enough to justify the couple of bucks to make sure a bolt isn't going to blow it up.  I'll let you know how that goes but I'm not sure when I'll be back with a range report.

I felt bad also.  Harris Tactical cancelled my order as soon as I sent an email asking if they could even though it was late in the evening for them.  I tried cancelling orders elsewhere and it goes into a black hole.  I'm not sure if it was cancelled or not.  I wouldn't have mind keeping my order with them if they were going to ship soon. 

The headspacing check success that I commented on in another thread involved this GB BCG/bolt. I won't start a group post to say this BCG is the best thing going right now until I fire with it and check for abnormal wear, etc...but so far so good.

Edited by jrtmasp

Got the BCG today.  Detail stripped the BCG.

Put the 308 Go gauge (1.630)  in the barrel, put the stripped bolt in and it rotated freely with no issues.  I swapped out the Go gauge with the 308 No Go Gauge (1.634) and repeated.  The bolt does not rotate.  Looks like it is good to go for 308.

I was watching the Maten Build by LoneWolfUSMC on YouTube.  He's got a great video on how to measure headspace starting at 6:34 into the video.

Now based on the information provided, the Go gauge for 7.62 NATO, the Go gauge is 1.6355, No Go is 1.638 and Field is 1.6445.

Seeing how I could not close on a 1.634, I guess I cannot use 7.62 NATO on my barrel.  Is that correct?

I have the 20" stainless steel Rainier Arms Selec .308 Barrel.  The link to the barrel specs are below.  It's listed as 308 but the testing by LoneWolfUSMC showed that his barrel was able to accept 7.62x51.  I guess not all the barrels/BCG combination would allow 7.62x51.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2691

I just want to know if I can use 7.62x51 as I purchased 500 rounds of it.

Edited by vtecpaoche

I haven't seen a modern .308 Win barrel what wouldn't accept 7.62x51 rounds.

Forster lists the following dimensions for 7.62x51, for their gauges (min and max, go and no-go):

HG762NATOMin 7.62 NATO--1.6355" length plus .0003" minus zero (minimum chamber)

HG762NATOMax 7.62 NATO--1.6455" length plus zero minus .0003" (maximum chamber)

Edited by 98Z5V

Strange, if a modern 308 barrel is meant to accept 7.62x51, wouldn't the 308 barrels all fail the 308 no go gauge test?  My guess is that the no go would be at least 1.6355 (go gauge for 7.62x51).

Since, I could not turn the bolt with the 308 no go gauge, I guess my barrel/bolt combo does not meet the go gauge for 7.62x51.