• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
phunk

phunk's build thread

Now that you have a spare DPMS A3 upper...  It's time to start building another rifle...  <dontknow> <laughs>

It is what it is, brother...  <thumbsup>

I'm having trouble deciding if I should just buy one, or spend the time to build one (i design and manufacture parts for a living)

Woops!! You might not have admitted that, Phunk... Please build one, make that two.. I also..... We also want anything I, I mean you can think of....

On that point I agree. Why re-invent the wheel. That's the beauty of these fire-breathing beasts. You can throw them together with off-the-shelf parts. Or...you can piece them together with NM parts as you find them. I mean.....what's not to like? And then to take it the next step farther. If you have machining tools at your disposal, you can tweek and tune any part to your liking. Not all of us have that luxury.......but we can definitely appreciate the time, thought (read as field engineering) and effort put into the finished part that may be fabricated.

Hey....besides for self-defense....this is still a hobby right?

Annnnnd one more post reserved for photos

I removed the others, we don't need to take up server space with posts that have no relevance. If you want to put up pictures, feel free, it's your thread. But there is really no need to be doing that^^^^^. Nice job, beautiful parts, look forward to the final test.