Local Gun Shops That Stand Out - Good to Go

imschur

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aji in apache junction az has always treated me well, but my favorite ffl is Azex Arms in Queen Creek Az. Derek has always taken excellent care of me with many custom builds, transfers and service work. He isn't a normal brick and mortar sales shop but is a custom manufacturer and often has numerous pieces for sale on his walls.

I don't know about AJI... kinda overpriced (over MSRP) on most of their price tags. I oughtta check out AZEX Arms since I live close by....

• 3 months later...

Sieh Guns (pronounced Say Guns) of Avoca, Iowa.

He concentrates on gun shows and has a very large inventory. He has always gladly dug out whatever I wanted to see and has the lowest mark-up around. At the height of the gouging last winter he still sold me an AR-15 carbine for $650, a straight up Patriot for sure!

• 2 months later...

Stumbled into Healy Arms, just off Country Club in Mesa and was pleasantly surprised. Super friendly staff, lots of selection. Powders, ammo, bullets, firearms (of course), misc parts, and accessories. Prices on ammo was excellent - quite a bit cheaper on some items compared to other LGS's in the area.

....I couldn't leave without buying something....IMG_20140313_180343.jpg

My new lgs just opened 2 min from my house I'm fuked ! Dakota guns and outfitters there so new I don't think there web is up but they have had a good start!! Primary is based towards hunting and reloading! They need product if any of you want a new fan base in Wa. Look them up or pm me and ill forward contact info! Thanks Sketch

Ps not affiliated with the store just helping a friend.

• 2 months later...

Ok I am going to chime in with a local manufacture named Salt Works Rifles, I know the owner and I have been shooting there stuff for quite some time now and I can vouch for the quality .  They primarily do defense contracting work, but they have decided to make the jump into the retail market and with the capabilities of these guys it will mean good news for everyone.

They don't have a web site yet, but they expect too soon.   Also, the first product slated for release will be there .308 ambidextrous 7075 billet lower and upper set for some absolute crazy price, if I recall it was something like 399 I don't exactly remember due to every time I stop over I get overwhelmed by the bad ass toys, but trust me if anyone is capable it's these guys.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the upper yet.

post-14834-0-40221000-1402167078_thumb.j

post-14834-0-71115200-1402167097_thumb.j

post-14834-0-80322900-1402167114_thumb.j

post-14834-0-22967200-1402167133_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I am going to chime in with a local manufacture named Salt Works Rifles, I know the owner and I have been shooting there stuff for quite some time now and I can vouch for the quality .  They primarily do defense contracting work, but they have decided to make the jump into the retail market and with the capabilities of these guys it will mean good news for everyone.

They don't have a web site yet, but they expect too soon.   Also, the first product slated for release will be there .308 ambidextrous 7075 billet lower and upper set for some absolute crazy price, if I recall it was something like 399 I don't exactly remember due to every time I stop over I get overwhelmed by the bad ass toys, but trust me if anyone is capable it's these guys.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the upper yet.

@pewpew.308, You should contact your friend and and get him involved over here, from the thread he has at CALGUNS it looks like he has been asking for suggestions for his new .308 upper and lower set - I think this would be a great forum to help debut his new design!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=931750

@pewpew.308, You should contact your friend and and get him involved over here, from the thread he has at CALGUNS it looks like he has been asking for suggestions for his new .308 upper and lower set - I think this would be a great forum to help debut his new design!

I read that entire thread. The price looks good and the guys sound eager to be part of the industry. To me it looks like just another Mega/Seekins, which seems like the norm now. TBO, I don't see how any company is going to be able to keep their prices >$400 per set. There are so many mfg's putting out receivers, there's just no money in it. Especially when a few bad apples are in a race to the bottom, just to make a quick $$.

The next generation of firearm is coming.... I can sense it.... like a 6th sense. A rifle that bridges gaps unseen or thought uncrossable.

While I don't forsee this set being part of the next generation (more of a new, old design) I do hope they join us.

So I'm wearng my HK 45C today because I got a new holster for it and remembered I needed to order more of the rubber o rings for the barrel. It's been quite awhile since it's been changed and I'm out of the supply shipped with the pistol.

I just called HK and the very nice man (Mark) asked my name and address and said some would be mailed out Monday, no charge, not even postage.

Those HK people are easy to do business with. <thumbsup>

Not a local store I know but what the hell, they deserve the kudos.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry I have been working like crazy, that is the life of a service technician in the natural gas industry.

I am actually going over there today I will run it by them and hopefully sneak some photos if they will let me.

I read that entire thread. The price looks good and the guys sound eager to be part of the industry. To me it looks like just another Mega/Seekins, which seems like the norm now. TBO, I don't see how any company is going to be able to keep their prices >$400 per set. There are so many mfg's putting out receivers, there's just no money in it. Especially when a few bad apples are in a race to the bottom, just to make a quick $$.

The next generation of firearm is coming.... I can sense it.... like a 6th sense. A rifle that bridges gaps unseen or thought uncrossable.

While I don't forsee this set being part of the next generation (more of a new, old design) I do hope they join us.

I can place what little non existing reputation I have on it that these guys are the real deal, they have been working had to incorporate feedback from everyone and come up with something new design wise, I don't think they plan on redesigning the mousetrap,  plus these guys have an absolute fortune wrapped up in equipment that I think is primarily used to make something for the government and defense agency's, don't quote me though I don't ask many questions about that stuff I primarily stick to the gun stuff.  I almost did not post anything about them because I did not want to seem like a troll that was promoting his buddy's plus I did not want to disrespect any vendors on the site. 

• 2 weeks later...

I always go to Rinkor Arms in Santa Rosa CA, They have a Great Staff of knowledgeable and Friendly People. Owner, Don Rinkor Manager, Brian and My go to Guy is Jay.  I bought all of My Rifles there. They have between 75 and 100 Rifles on display at all times and many Pistols, Revolvers and Semi Autos with a large selection of Safes and ammo in all calibers even 22LR. If  not in stock They'll order it. Private Party transfers are no problem.

No I do not work there.

Located at 2600 Mendocino Ave in Santa Rosa

Phone# 707-284-2767

rinkorarms.com

Email bthomson@rinkorarms.com

post-14416-0-41707800-1405879426_thumb.j

Edited by CMMG308

• 3 weeks later...

Dean, at Chosin Firearms in Huachuca City, AZ.  He's my go-to FFL for everything.  Great guy.  <thumbsup>

x2  They've done all my transfers too.  Good folks over there.  And a good place to go if you ever need your scooter worked one too!

Edited by AdamO

• 4 weeks later...

This is a great thread Drew.

My lgs is a guy named Mark. He owns 2A sales and supplies in Jessup, Maryland. He's always been real cool to deal with, and gives great prices for stuff. Both my son and I use him exclusively, except for some small odds and ends. He's always willing to do transfers also if I can find things like lowers (or anything else) that he can't get his hands on. His theory is, that at least he's helping me get something that I'm looking for.

He's definitely..........Good To GO!

Id have to agree here. 2A sales is the only gun shop in my area worth a damn. Ive tried pretty much everyone in my area and no one has given me the time or respect they have. They have a great selection and are very knowledgeable and polite.

Stumbled into Healy Arms, just off Country Club in Mesa and was pleasantly surprised. Super friendly staff, lots of selection. Powders, ammo, bullets, firearms (of course), misc parts, and accessories. Prices on ammo was excellent - quite a bit cheaper on some items compared to other LGS's in the area.

....I couldn't leave without buying something....IMG_20140313_180343.jpg

This is the LGS I was getting the primers from in 2013 while everyone else was out ! Also got powder from them when no one else had any. There shop is adding inventory gradually and prices are good. Owner is ex-PD and the sales guys won't BS you. Told Tom about this place last year.