• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

from ashy.... to classy. blues .308

blue109

I've only ever wanted an indoor pool. Even in FL, where its swimmable weather 9 months or so with an unheated pool and year round with heat, I have no interest in putting one in my yard. If I could have one in the house, I would. But with kids, etc, choice of house has so far been more about size + location rather than necessarily me picking luxuries I want :)

im also pretty broke. hustled into this rifle for very little out of pocket. the complete lower with PRS was traded for a parts car i paid $200 for.  i paid $200 cash and $200 in gift cards for the upper. i sold that beastly 24" upper for $600 local and put the new one together for around $750 so im not too bad off . the MEGA complete receiver set i just scored.is about 4 gun trades deep that started as a XD40 i paid $350 for. im always looking for deals and things i can flip or trade up with. i scan the local forums and backpage several times a day.. always hunting. my train of trades over the past 2 years is dizzying and almost a part time job in itself, but its how my toys get built. to be honest i think its fun.

thx fellers! i stuck a A1 stock on there for now. it feels really good and i think it looks cool too.

2013-05-05%252018.04.03.jpg

i have an ACS on the way but im thinking i might keep this on here and use the ACS for another rifle. im also thinking real hard about scooping up one of the VLTOR A1 stocks. there is something awesomly ugly about them and you dont see them around much. i think it would flow well with the handguard. opinions?

im also thinking real hard about scooping up one of the VLTOR A1 stocks. there is something awesomly ugly about them and you dont see them around much. i think it would flow well with the handguard. opinions?

That would look damn great, brother!  Snatched a pic of the combo on a 5.56 gun (stolen from the interwebz), for a quick look...

24m6hbd.jpg

• 1 month later...

got her out today. ran like a Rolex right out of the box. used some M118, XM80C, PPU 147g, little bit of FGMM. decided to push my luck and try some crap ammo too. had no issues with steel cased herters and some ugly Indian milsurp with a '75 headstamp. ran on Pmags and factory DPMS mag. no misfires of any kind. bolt locked back every mag. just ran flawless and im a happy camper.

accuracy.....

were not gonna go there right now <dontknow> laid bullets on top of each other to zero. opened up a bit at 100. im blaming me for now. spent the morning with my 5.56 guns and it was getting ugly hot by the time i started working on the 308. stock trigger is really bad and was literally making my finger sore. i also worked a double yesterday. got off at 2AM, and woke up to head to the range at 5AM lol.

overall, super happy with the rifle. cant wait to get back out and do some real work.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...