• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

blue builds a dissy.

blue109

im bored...so heres a pic of a pile of parts. Ive played around with a few configurations and i think i have it figured. FN/A2 upper. Delaware machine lower with consecutive ser. number to my 14.5 gun (its a RRA lower in the pic because i havnt put the DM together. the RRA is just a spare waiting for an idea ).  ACS. MOE handguard. shadow ops FA BCG. its a true rifle length dissy with a DTI barrel. i built one like it for my father in law and it runs flawless. the barrel is a 3lb pig so im having it contoured down to .625 under the hand guard  right now. i should be able to loose a lb at least? Armalite FSB is on order. still need a barrel nut and delta ring but im about to make a Brownells order so it should be rectified soon. thinking of trying out the Brownells short comp. its only an inch long and .750 OD. should make the dissy look extra stubby.

2013-07-26%252015.17.36.jpg

PicsArt_04-13-06.57.08.png

PicsArt_04-01-01.07.47.jpg

Edited by blue109

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they have that bad ass look which does not hurt... and a true dissipator will have a rifle length gas system mine is what would be called a mock dissy since it has a low profile gas block at the mid position under the rifle length handguards .

Thanks, Rene.

Terry

I had to do alil googling after posting pictures of the "dissy" I picked up in January. Rob and some one else called it that and I was like a nice what?!? Mines a spike full rifle gas tube I really like it and love the look

Lol. My buddy has a custom car/bike/lowrider shop. (google BSG customs to see some cool stuff) his buddy has the machine shop and lets him play around in there when he's not too busy.

Got my barrel nut. The FSB was suppose to be here today so maybe tomorrow. :( other than that were ready to rock.