• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

blue builds a dissy.

blue109

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's hand guard is that?  I don't recall ever seeing a "new" triangular.

I'm considering a .308 dissy on the mid-length gas block concept with pinned FSGB.  Got to find the right barrel as I want one as light as possible.

Did they offer a hand guard cap for the triangular or did you fab that, or what?

I like it.  Carbon fiber should be light as a hand guard can ever get.  Too bad they don't offer one in OD green but the black will work for me.

If I do a .308 dissy it's going to be heavy for sure.  Might be the right part to help balance it all out.

It's actually not that light, but it's as solid as they come. Stays cool in the sun (important in AZ) and from rapid fire. Zero flex. It's an old design, and doesn't really do anything that justifies the price, but I love them. Functional. Classy. Combat proven by the best of the best in the worst places. 

Not sure what you mean by cap, but it's all factory.

Cap = hand guard end cap.  The triangular or round metal piece that caps the opening of the front opening of the hand guard right behind the front sight gas block.  It appears from the photos you have something on there.  

• 3 weeks later...

Got a deal on some A.R.M.S. 40L rear sights. I like the KAC 200-600 alot, but these fit the PRI rail flawlessly.  Look dead sexy. Put one on dissy and one on the matrix 308. Want to feel them out a little but I think they are staying on.

PicsArt_05-03-06.44.27.jpg

20180406_231002.jpg

20180406_231027.jpg

Edited by blue109

A.r.m.s. inc. #40L They are taller than the KAC rears they replaced, but still plenty of room for the scopes.

I traded into these with a friend. Gave him one of my KAC rears and some other parts he wanted.

Edited by blue109

Brownells shows 3 models of the 40L.  They show a .75 MOA, .50 MOA, and another .75 MOA.

Kind of pricey but they look well made.  Obviously you get what you pay for.  Beats Magpul by a long shot.

8 hours ago, blue109 said:

Mine are the .75 40L-SP

Thanks again.  The .75 40L-SP is most likely my best choice.

I'm going to shop around for a better idea on prices in anticipation of a good Memorial Day sale then be ready when it first kicks off. :thumbup:

On 5/4/2017 at 7:48 AM, COBrien said:

Looks like a good upgrade, blue!

On a side note, that scope on the .308 has some hellacious ring marks!

Lol it does indeed. I call it well loved. Most were done by the previous owner but allowed me to score a smokin deal on it. 

PicsArt_04-01-01.07.47.jpg

Edited by blue109