How members can support this site.

imschur

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look up Ken Rockwell Drew....I'm sure you've heard his name before.

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!   <lmao>  <laughs>

I had NOT heard his name before, and wasn't interested in one of Gibbs' "friends."  However, I just looked this up, and I'm busting a gut over here...  :sign10: :sign10:

http://www.anthonyhereld.com/buyer-beware-ken-rockwell/

Gibbs, I don't even know what to think of you...  :yup:

Wow Gibbs, this joker is a friend of yours?

This seriously brings your judgment into account while acknowledging 98's instincts.

We've emailed back and forth a couple of times, but I always considered him a friend since he seemed sincere in his information.  I have looked at his ideas and photography tips and they made sense to me, especially that about correcting perspective with Adobe Photoshop. His info appeared, at least to me, to be correct and accurate.

The reason I posted the link to his site was to show that he is getting money from those that find his information useful and if they buy from "those" links, Amazon.com  one of them, then he gets paid.  Point of what I was making is that if he can make money from just having a link on his web site to Amazon.com, they the owner, here at the 308AR Forum site should be able to do the same thing.  Since imshure had started a thread about things shooting related you can get on amazon.com  I thought he might benefit from members using a direct link from here to Amazon.com  and get some benefit.  How Ken Rockewell makes money is not the important part of the post, what is important, is that if he can make money with those links, then why could not this site do the same concept?

At lunch I took a search on Google of Ken Rockwell Scam?  My goodness!!  Last time I was at his web site I was seeking information ont he Nikon D5200 camera, which I was interested in buying.  It all seemed good and "genuine", so I kept his info "links" page in my favorites, thinking the least I could do is to link to amzon through him so he could get credit.  What I read really surprised me.  With something like that you don't know if it's real of just spoofing you and a joke.  Problem is any misinformation is never corrected and that is worse than no information.

Here, though, is a good link to Amazon's Assocate website program.  https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/   At least that one part of his website is truthful.

• 11 months later...

Heya all,

Just want to put out a heads up again. Remember to link to our sponsors for your regular habit-feeding buying splurges.

I want to point out that I'm aware Brownells is often a little pricier than other alternatives, usually by only a dollar or two, but no other company make the same kind of contribution to our hobby as they do.

If you have our sponsors saved in your "bookmarks", I just ask that you confirm that OUR link to their sites is in the URL code. We get a little bit of a kickback for every $ you spend... which keeps this place running.

Also see:

Ballistic Advantage

Patriot Outfitters Guns

Cabelas

If you happen to shop at Criterion or Aero Precision, don't be shy about dropping our name at checkout!

Thanks guys

stay safe and shoot straight!

Well crap I just found out about linking thru this site to give credit. I ain't the sharpest knife in the kitchen.

I usually place around 180 to 200 orders to Amazon a year (Prime) shipping or always "free shipping" because the old brown truck backs right up to my shop door. In the last quarter I've ordered everything from a 900 dollar rotortiller down to Folgers coffee to security cameras from AMAZON it is so easy, go to Amazon on this Kindle Fire search,read the reviews and, do a"one click" order.

I used to order from CTD but after a few come to Jesus replies here, I saw the light and now buy from Brownells again and Midway.

I'll try to get with the program since this is my fav. Forum now.

• 6 months later...

Many sites and search providers have changed their tactics in an unfair manner and we are no longer on an even playing field.

Example: If your at a non gun site and a Brownells or Cabelas advertisement pops up they saw your cookie from a legit site like ours and bumped our cookie with theirs.

Whenever possible and all things being equal please visit and utilize our sponsors and advertisers through the links on this site.

Thank you!

Copy that, have done & will continue to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...