Pic Of The Day 2

imschur

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love that they had to throw in a lot of dogs and cats to try to visually balance the image. That whole list is food in most countries. That's a dumbass sign...but I would pay to see it vandalized with the response...or another billboard nearby taken out with the response. 

11 hours ago, Doodle said:

Move that hare all the way over to the right side, let me grab my shotgun and release that basset hound!  Woo hoo!

Hell yea brother I’ll eat the hell outta rabbit, we ran ours with beagles lil more affective lol

id try horse once too. Horses are assholes

technically I’ve at cat too, mountain lion, it’s like pork maybe better

Edited by shepp

up in the hills in my hood. twin sisters and the bay . i found a couple steel plates and ranged them from the brass.. 200yds and if i look left i can get 500yds,  its a gated area so hit or miss when its open,  but im finding some ground to get range on.. doing work !

20180715_185451.jpg

20180715_185510.jpg

On 5/9/2018 at 9:40 PM, 98Z5V said:

Planeflyer would love this one...

God knows I loves me some vertical takeoffs. Ain't nothin' like watching an F4 Phantom hit the end of a 10,000 foot runway and just set on its ass. The ground shakes and that fucker goes straight up until its not only out of sight, you can't even hear it any more.

But this film is spliced. The plane takes off then banks left. The landing gear is retracted. Then, in the next shot, the landing gear is still down. Is this the same aircraft, at the same time? Not sure, and the perspective from the camera makes it impossible to tell what's going on.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

But this film is spliced. The plane takes off then banks left. The landing gear is retracted. Then, in the next shot, the landing gear is still down. Is this the same aircraft, at the same time? Not sure, and the perspective from the camera makes it impossible to tell what's going on.

I have no idea but it was cool as fuk!  I'd suggest hitting the thread on YouTube and asking them, though...

On 7/13/2018 at 10:29 PM, shepp said:

Hell yea brother I’ll eat the hell outta rabbit, we ran ours with beagles lil more affective lol

id try horse once too. Horses are assholes

I ate a lot of rabbit growing up in Kansas, pheasant too! I had horse meat once several years ago and would eat it anytime. My wife said they had it a lot in Cuba when she was little. She found some at a Caribbean store in El Paso and bought it. Cooked it with red chile and the stuff was GOOD!

52 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

I ate a lot of rabbit growing up in Kansas, pheasant too! I had horse meat once several years ago and would eat it anytime. My wife said they had it a lot in Cuba when she was little. She found some at a Caribbean store in El Paso and bought it. Cooked it with red chile and the stuff was GOOD!

We ran beagles after rabbits when I was a kid, it was a blast my dad couple guys from work and their kids would go out and run them all afternoon 

pheasant is really good, my dad taught me how to hunt shooting squirrels (also tasty)

think a lot of Hispanic culture ate/eats horse. When I first got into refrigeration we did some Hispanic groceries in Milwaukee you never knew what you’d find in their freezer, one guy swore up and down there was a horse head in the freezer once

21 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

squirrels and rabbits are one of my two favorite things to eat and hunt. just have to skin them quick or the damn flees will start jumping off as soon as they start to cool off. 

wadya mean you season them with flees.. lol jk! ? i have to try squirrel now. any thing i should know for prep..  marinate ect.? 

12 minutes ago, sketch said:

wadya mean you season them with flees.. lol jk! ? i have to try squirrel now. any thing i should know for prep..  marinate ect.? 

Zap those tree rats out in the woods, then cook them on a stick over the campfire, brother.  LIghtly salt and pepper.  :thumbup:

51 minutes ago, sketch said:

it's a red meat, so seasonings I usually use are similar to beef or venison seasonings, but I would keep it light because the best way to eat it is in a stew I think. It is probably good other ways but wild rabbits and squirrels aren't really fat animals, they are lean. The meat pieces aren't very large and they have a lot of small bones, so because of this I go the easy route usually and make a stew. 3 rabbits or 4-6 squirrels (depending on size and type) is enough to make a stew for 6 people with plenty of leftovers. 

First I bake them in a tinfoil covered pan much like chicken can be cooked, enough water and butter to keep them moist, along with your seasoning. you can cook them whole if your pan is big enough or cut them into 2 or 4 pieces if you don't have enough room. once they are cooked you will have to get a little messy. get all those bones out, it is pretty easy though because the meat will just peal right off after being cooked all the way and your pieces will mostly be the perfect size for throwing straight into a nice stew. There is plenty of stew recipes that you can get from the internet, some simple, some a little more high class with adding red wines and such. 

Rabbits and squirrels are very healthy to eat also because they eat a lot of plants, mushrooms, nuts, and berries. Plus usually a very long hunting season and though many people use dogs, all you really need is an accurate .22 or a 20 gauge with bird shot. rabbits I usually use a 20 gauge with a full choke because I often shoot them on the run and I find I don't need a 12 for them, some people I know even use a .410. Not usually to may bbs in them. For squirrels I like using .22 because eventually those curious bastards stop jumping or climbing around and just look at you, then you shoot them in the head, not damaging any of the meat. Both animals are the easiest types of game I have cleaned and you only need a small pocket knife. 

1 hour ago, sketch said:

it will be done! i have a solid population of rabits around the casa now but saving them for a darker day..???

My mom used to par boil them and make home made pot pie with them, sweet baby jesus that was good. 

Dude this winter you get that pellet gun out and shoot some of them, good eats