• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

On 4/27/2018 at 8:47 AM, mineralman55 said:

Ordered a Toolcraft black nitride .308 BCG from Joebob Outfitters for $169. Slowly acquiring all the parts for the next build. Gotta replace all the firearms that fell into the lake in that last boating accident. :cool:

Rope and a large magnet! 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Limbsaver

"Evil" OD green AR15

500 rounds .308

EOtech arrived today.:banana:

I checked out some of the EoTech scopes a couple weeks ago at the NRA Convention.  They were nice.  DSG right now has a sale on EoTechs too.

• 2 weeks later...

Gun Pusher sends me a text this morning... "I ordered your lower and bolt, FYI..."

My response...  "What the hell are you talking about, man?..."

Gun Pusher...  "M5 lower and BCG.  On the way."

So, I had to call him, thinking he sent me a text, when it should have gone to someone else...  He says, "You told me you're building a .260 Rem, Aero has a killer sale for me right now, so I've got it coming.  It'll be here when you need it."

THAT is a good Gun Pusher...  :thumbup::lmao:

So, I guess I've got something on order, or in the mail...   :laffs:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Gun Pusher sends me a text this morning... "I ordered your lower and bolt, FYI..."

My response...  "What the hell are you talking about, man?..."

Gun Pusher...  "M5 lower and BCG.  On the way."

So, I had to call him, thinking he sent me a text, when it should have gone to someone else...  He says, "You told me you're building a .260 Rem, Aero has a killer sale for me right now, so I've got it coming.  It'll be here when you need it."

THAT is a good Gun Pusher...  :thumbup::lmao:

So, I guess I've got something on order, or in the mail...   :laffs:

“I got so new Columbia snow in got a killer deal on it, when ever you wanna try a bump, you know you wanna”

think this guy been collaborating with r2’s guy, but AZ gun pusher got better game. 

I am new here.

Taking advantage of all the deals this weekend to start the build of my first AR-10/LR-308 long range precision rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

(Mostly for punching paper and ringing steel, maybe some hunting later with a 308 upper. Have 100m - 1600m ranges nearby.)

On the way to my FFL from Brownell's: Aero Precision M5 Lower

On the way to me from AP: Aero Precision M5 Upper,  LPK minus grip/trigger,  a few 20 round MagPul mags. 

On the way to me from Brownell's: Geissele Super Charging Handle 7.62, Geissele  High Speed National Match Trigger, Ergo SureGrip Tactical Deluxe with Palm Plate

Things I have yet to order, waiting for sales:

- JP Captured Recoil Spring

- JP Rapid Configuration MK III Handguard

- JP LMOS Bolt Carrier + Enhanced Bolt 

MagPul PRS Gen 3 Stock

- Atlas BiPod

- Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50 Horus 59 Riflescope 

On the fence about:

Which 6.5 CM barrel / adjustable gas block / muzzle device;  might go with JP's and the heat sink or Proof Research. 

Starting paper work for new 7.52 / 6.5mm can for the NFA trust. 

(FYI Codes for Brownell's: M8Y > $200 or NCS > $150)

16 minutes ago, supertux1 said:

I am new here.

Taking advantage of all the deals this weekend to start the build of my first AR-10/LR-308 long range precision rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor.

(Mostly for punching paper and ringing steel, maybe some hunting later with a 308 upper. Have 100m - 1600m ranges nearby.)

On the way to my FFL from Brownell's: Aero Precision M5 Lower

On the way to me from AP: Aero Precision M5 Upper,  LPK minus grip/trigger,  a few 20 round MagPul mags. 

On the way to me from Brownell's: Geissele Super Charging Handle 7.62, Geissele  High Speed National Match Trigger, Ergo SureGrip Tactical Deluxe with Palm Plate

Things I have yet to order, waiting for sales:

- JP Captured Recoil Spring

- JP Rapid Configuration MK III Handguard

- JP LMOS Bolt Carrier + Enhanced Bolt 

MagPul PRS Gen 3 Stock

- Atlas BiPod

- Bushnell Elite Tactical 3.5-21x50 Horus 59 Riflescope 

On the fence about:

Which 6.5 CM barrel / adjustable gas block / muzzle device;  might go with JP's and the heat sink or Proof Research. 

Starting paper work for new 7.52 / 6.5mm can for the NFA trust. 

(FYI Codes for Brownell's: M8Y > $200 or NCS > $150)

Welcome to

the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section

2 hours ago, shepp said:

think this guy been collaborating with r2’s guy, but AZ gun pusher got better game. 

It gets worse, brother - I go to his house to watch PPV UFC fights, hit the bar with him on the weekends sometimes...  go shooting with him...

He hits me up after telling me that I'm buying more parts from him this morning, and says he's closing Sat~Mon for Memorial Day observance...  "Wanna hit breakfast in the morning?" he says...  :laffs:

55 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

It gets worse, brother - I go to his house to watch PPV UFC fights, hit the bar with him on the weekends sometimes...  go shooting with him...

He hits me up after telling me that I'm buying more parts from him this morning, and says he's closing Sat~Mon for Memorial Day observance...  "Wanna hit breakfast in the morning?" he says...  :laffs:

He’s gotta do more recon on you....

8 minutes ago, shepp said:

He’s gotta do more recon on you....

I work on his Yamaha side by side. Told him to get cams and get the ECU reflashed.  He's got the cams, already. As soon as the reflashed ECU comes back, I make his rig faster...

...and he owes me something...   :banana:

Last time I did work for him, it was a free AP Ambi lower receiver, in FDE of course...  :thumbup:

It's a beautiful relationship...  :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

4 minutes ago, NTXshooter said:

Picked up a 6.5 Grendal BCG and barrel from Primary Arms for $125.  Be here Tuesday.

YES!!!   Right on, man!!!  :thumbup:

Get with me on reloading info -the Hornady 10 manual is a little off for velocity, and their load data has the real rounds running hotter than published speeds. It's either that, or I have two different barrels (from two different manufacturers) that are shooting great, and shoot hotter than most others. I don't think it's the barrels.

1 hour ago, Sisco said:

I think that was me.

I adopted that plan as well, in a conversation with Matt Cross.  I relayed that convo to Rob, and gamed it all out - with everything I need for this fall shoot, its gonna be tough to get it all together in time... SO, why not just buy the barrel and rebarrel an old 308 that I don't shoot?...  I did steal the idea from you, though, brother...   :laffs:

Have at it! I know it will turn out good! I am going to order one from that place you recommended when I am ready. Will probably be PMing you for advice when I do. Got the barrel nut and torque wrench but I have never done an AR10 barrel before, just AR15's.

Had an idea of putting together a carbine in 5.56 with hand picked parts. Was going to be a WOA upper w/ side charger. Added Faxon Gunner w/ attached brake. The upper is a bueaty but not thinking it through the handle to the carrier goes on with about 3 threads. Been between 2 house's just sold ours. This will go over a Lancer lower. This has been a little stressful with this house stuff. You doing okay

4 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Saw that for sale somewhere, glad you volunteered for a review! :thumbup:

Yes I already have that in the 5.56 calibration and I'm quite pleased with it.  Actually brought my eyesight back to what it was half my life ago.  :cool:

Glass is very clear for that type of optic.  I got the 5.56 version earlier this year from Optics Planet.  Had it out to the range once on the BCM A4 rifle and it functioned real well with the zero never drifting at all.  The 7.62 calibration I ordered late Friday from Botach Tactical for a little over $500.00, which is a significant sale price and free shipping.  

Steiner is phasing the 5X out and replacing it with a 4X model that is supposedly upgraded.  Steiner had an example of it at the NRA convention earlier this month.  It was pretty much the same optic but with some subtle changes.  Personally I prefer the 5X they're phasing out to what I saw the replacement is.

By the way ... Brownells had a functional example of the retro ArmaLite AR10 there on display.  IMHO it was quite impressive.  Very light weapon for the 7.62x51 NATO caliber.  The charging handle was interesting indeed.  ArmaLite had an example of one of the same AR10 originals there but understandably encased.  IMHO Brownells did a very good job and got their version real close.

Here's wishing everyone a blessed Memorial Day weekend.  

14 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Had an idea of putting together a carbine in 5.56 with hand picked parts. Was going to be a WOA upper w/ side charger. Added Faxon Gunner w/ attached brake. The upper is a bueaty but not thinking it through the handle to the carrier goes on with about 3 threads. Been between 2 house's just sold ours. This will go over a Lancer lower. This has been a little stressful with this house stuff. You doing okay

A OK here so far, three more weeks and step 1 is done, no issues from the treatment yet. 4 moves last year and three already this year, not much stress for me but then I only move a few boxes and guns and then it's only a lease that the government covers when I break it :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing the side charger thing, been thinking of one down the road but want to watch a few first and learn from others mistakes. Hope you get all settled in soon, hate it when you gotta spend time searching for what you know you have but don't remember the box it went in!