• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Recently saw a retro Armalite model sell for $1200 on gun broker, one of the 250 made series;

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771511349

It would've been cool to jump on one of these.  The retro version Brownells is doing is really very close to the original they had on display.

I can't remember if they said the mags for that one is Brownells-proprietarial or not.

12.5 inch Sig 308 barrel with matching bolt, on sale at CDNN for under $160, $79.99 each. If my information is correct these are DPMS pattern and will work in other DPMS uppers despite the proprietary claims of Sig. If I can get a functioning 308 pistol from these parts then the 716 may get a new home.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-716-12-5in-308-chrome-lined-barrel.html?___SID=U#.Wwwqu0gvwyU

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-716-bolt-assembly.html?___SID=U#.Wwwq10gvwyU

Also picked up a gas valve for my 716 pistol so I can experiment with gas port sizes and try to get it running right. They use the same gas valve in the pistol as their rifles so I'm thinking the port sizes need adjusting to compensate for the short barrel.

55 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

SG and or shipper let me down.About half damaged boxes.

Overall length 2.75”-2.95.Visually look ok.

0F3DCDEA-1A22-4072-9B08-3E42C0379DFB.jpeg

Nothing surprising here.  SG never packs ammo worth a damn if it's less than a case.  I've received packages from them with ammo loose and rolling around in the box.  Very unprofessional and ridiculous.

Stolen from my porch: FedEx box from Aero Precision with M5 308 Upper, Lower Parts Kit, 3 20rnd PMAGS. Claim filed.

(I hope the shithead who swiped this knows it won't work with AR15 etc...)

On the way: JP Silent Captured Spring (Heavy) + Spring Pack, JP VMOS Bolt Carrier (Heavy), JP Steel SCS+VMOS Steel Weights (until I get my can) JP HP Enhanced 308 Bolt

Yeah at first I thought there was general incompetence on FedEx's part, but they left a door tag which means they found the right address... just no package.

I'm not too upset, not yet (rifle is a long way from being done and part decisions still to be made), but I will be if I have to pay twice for something. I already 'overpaid' for it the first time because a day after I bought those items, they all went on sale for Memorial Day. (Sale ended of course.) Aero Precision was really good about getting back to me and filing a claim, but now we wait...

In the meantime, I'm having all my expensive gun shipments held at FedEx or UPS customer counters. ?

1 hour ago, supertux1 said:

Yeah at first I thought there was general incompetence on FedEx's part, but they left a door tag which means they found the right address... just no package.

I'm not too upset, not yet (rifle is a long way from being done and part decisions still to be made), but I will be if I have to pay twice for something. I already 'overpaid' for it the first time because a day after I bought those items, they all went on sale for Memorial Day. (Sale ended of course.) Aero Precision was really good about getting back to me and filing a claim, but now we wait...

In the meantime, I'm having all my expensive gun shipments held at FedEx or UPS customer counters. ?

8 minutes ago, DNP said:

They leave a tag saying they dropped a package? I've never seen that. Only tags I get say we were here...you weren't...track us down at the warehouse if you want your stuff. 

Right the tags I’ve got we’re sorry we missed you we’ll try at the same exact time tomorrow. When I got my upper from faxon that’s how it was and I had to go to ups finally to get it, what’s your tracking number say? That it was delivered??

Tux that really sucks. Hope the claim goes through smooth.

3 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

500 rounds of FGMM .308 175gr. $475 shipped.

Matt burned up 40 rounds of the 175 and 40 rounds of the 168 FGMM today at the range. Nice groups from both AR10s at 185 yards. Need to find a 500 yard range.

1 minute ago, shepp said:

Right the tags I’ve got we’re sorry we missed you we’ll try at the same exact time tomorrow. When I got my upper from faxon that’s how it was and I had to go to ups finally to get it, what’s your tracking number say? That it was delivered??

I live in a condo complex that has a shared 'mail area' full of post office boxes. After that is a locked entry door to the hallway where all our individual unit doors are. 

Delivery people just usually pile stuff in mail area and everyone is _usually_ good about not messing with each other's stuff. (First time in six years I've had something go missing.)

Fedex left a door tag sticker that says the package was left in the 'mail area' on the outer door and the tracking information says 'Delivered.' 

Now, we've got management office/person in another building that _sometimes_ signs for / accepts packages for residents when they can, and sometimes Fedex is lazy and just dumps it there when people in the main buildings aren't home. So usually, when I get a door tag, I march over there and get my package from that building's mail area.

It's not the monetary loss that bothers me so much.

I'm more concerned that one of my neighbors might have picked it up by accident, found a bunch of firearm stuff inside and now they know I've got guns.

Or a criminal now knows I've got guns. (I don't put NRA stickers on stuff, wear gun t-shirts, peacock 2A stuff or advertise in any way my business to the outside world.) 

Just got the email that my BCL 102 rifle is in the mail and to be delivered to the house Monday,been waiting since Dec for this email.

The BCL 102 is a newly designed Canadian .308 AR style rifle that is not a restricted class rifle as all AR 10s and 15s. The quick and dirty is I'm not restricted to range use only. Because of design it does allow the use of common AR parts and accessories.

Quick YouTube video(not me) but mine is also the same colour ODG,