• Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I kept thinking that my "lightweight" gun was 5.2lbs, but it was 5.39lbs.  I forgot that I changed a few parts after that initial weighing.  I added a BADASS safety and PRI combat latch to the charging handle.  I think I changed that again (the charging handle) because I found something lighter.  I'd have to dig it out to make sure.  I built it as stout as I could, as light as I could, and the priority went to "Stout" over "Light." 

Had a hell of a time finding the details on it, because I didn't post it in my own thread - I hijacked JJ109s thread...  :lmao:

@suzukiray

5.39lbs. 

P1050308.JPG

Build parts:

Yes, finished out at 5.39lbs total.  Now, I told you that was a temporary buttstock system, in that pic, just so I could shoot it.  The 5.2lbs was before adding the PRI Combat Latch and BAD-ASS ambi safety.  After re-weighing, it's at 5.39lbs right now...

Complete parts list:

Upper: XProducts forged upper receiver
Lower: Aero Precision forged lower receiver
BAD-ASS ambi safety, long fat and short fat levers.
DSG Arms enhanced magazine catch.
ALG ACT trigger
Battle Arms Development Sabertube / BAD-LBS buttstock system
MagPul MOE K grip and poly trigger guard
Standard charging handle with PRI Combat Latch
Ares Armor Reduced Friction BCG complete
ALG EMR-V1 10" rail with it's own barrel nut
Faxon 16" pencil barrel with Faxon lightweight gasblock.
Spike's Shorty DynaComp
Fortis T1 mount
Primary Arms mini red dot
Standard parts: regular carbine buffer, buffer spring, magazine release pivot and takedown pins, ejection port door, midlength gastube and forward assist. Armalite springs throughout the lower.

Don't think I forgot anything...

THIS is what weighs 5.39lbs, total:

JJs hijacked thread, with the details...   :laffs:

Ray, you get into that thread, and you can see where I was telling you that I drilled out the shell deflector, to save whatever weight it saved.  I didn't weigh that before and after, so I have no idea what it took off.  The original intent was to keep cutting those drill holes out, and take out as much as I could, but I never did it.  Figure I've got the time now, work what it is, so I might dig it out and keep going...  :banana:

YOUR $HIT DONT COUNT UNLESS GRAM WEIGHT IS NEXT TO PARTS   :thefinger:    Wash

Everything weighed and it's under 4 pounds with a regular upper receiver, with forward assist and dust cover!!! 3.99 pounds to be exact! I won't be using that upper either, but a smooth side instead with no forward assist or dust cover so it will be even lighter!! The Truglow red dot I have for it will add 4.6 ounces to the finished weight so still WAY under 4.5 pounds!!! STUPID amount of money in it but it's pretty bitchen so far!!!!

9 minutes ago, suzukiray said:

The Truglow red dot I have for it will add 4.6 ounces to the finished weight so still WAY under 4.5 pounds!!! STUPID amount of money in it but it's pretty bitchen so far!!!!

You know your wife, Viv, will take this thing from you right?  Its not your's... it's HERS...   I"m just sayin'...  :banana::lmao::laffs: 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, suzukiray said:

I broke down today and bought my first 1911. I bought a 4 " barreled Rock Island Armory. Phuck you Tom!!!!!

Sah-WEEEET!   Those pistols are overlooked, alot of times, but they're pure quality, and built right.  You'll have fun with that gun.

Please tell me it's not chambered in 9mm...   :banana::lmao:

Just now, suzukiray said:

I dont even own ANYTHING in 9mm!!! Well, my wife's pistol is in my name but it's HER gun! And my son has a 9mm also, but I do NOT! 40 cal for me!

+1; .40 caliber is the answer IMHO. ?

Pretty much the same here.  My old model 26 stays in the safe as once I retired I wasn't restricted to it as a backup so I parked it and bought a model 27. :thumbup:

Wife has a 9MM Ruger LCS but that's it.   

I'll take .38 Super any day over a 9MM anyway.