• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What do you have on order or in the mail? Part 2

imschur

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still waiting on my RPR 308!!!!!!!!!(because my ffl is a fucknut, long story)it's suppose to be in Friday finally! I just got the scope (NIKON M TACTICAL 308 4-16X42 800bdc),  mount (NIKON Black 30mm 1 piece medium height) , & butlercreek covers in. Last night I ordered a few boxes of federal .308 168gr. Sierra Matchking BTHP gold medal ammo from PSA. Our rifle season for whitetail starts tomorrow but like i said, ffl is an ASS CLOWN, so ill have to set it all up & sight in Sunday and get to use it a little 2nd week of season. If it don't show up Friday, y'all will see me on the evening news!? I've basically been waiting since April......

5 hours ago, Lonewolf McQuade said:

Im still waiting on my RPR 308!!!!!!!!!(because my ffl is a fucknut, long story)it's suppose to be in Friday finally! I just got the scope (NIKON M TACTICAL 308 4-16X42 800bdc),  mount (NIKON Black 30mm 1 piece medium height) , & butlercreek covers in. Last night I ordered a few boxes of federal .308 168gr. Sierra Matchking BTHP gold medal ammo from PSA. Our rifle season for whitetail starts tomorrow but like i said, ffl is an ASS CLOWN, so ill have to set it all up & sight in Sunday and get to use it a little 2nd week of season. If it don't show up Friday, y'all will see me on the evening news!? I've basically been waiting since April......

l love my RPR in .308 it was the first time i sold guns to purchase one..

on order... 22 inch kreiger bull barrel  chambered in 6.5 creedmoor from fulton armory. with adj gas block and tube. magpul prs gen 3 stock jp captured spring 

nickel boron carrier hp bolt gissele aae trigger royal arms pistol grip from brownells

also from midwayusa….100 lapua brass 142 gr eld_x bullets

….first AR 30 build

Edited by carverelli

36 minutes ago, carverelli said:

on order... 22 inch kreiger bull barrel  chambered in 6.5 creedmoor from fulton armory. with adj gas block and tube. magpul prs gen 3 stock jp captured spring 

nickel boron carrier hp bolt gissele aae trigger royal arms pistol grip from brownells

also from midwayusa….100 lapua brass 142 gr eld_x bullets

….first AR 30 build

Welcome to the forum.   Don't forget to stop by the introduction section to formally say hi.  Also, a thread about your build will give us something else to drool over.

21 minutes ago, sketch said:

this tool makes life easy! 

Need one bad. I have a distortion in my shooting eye from a punch in Golden Gloves days that causes me to shoot to a point of impact 3-6 inches to the left of the bullseye at 10 yards with almost all fixed sight pistols. I compensate, but adjusting them makes more sense.

7 hours ago, Sisco said:

Need one bad. I have a distortion in my shooting eye from a punch in Golden Gloves days ...

Damnit, you box, too?!  As big as you are?  I can't imagine you punching someone with that giantass HAM you have for hands, brother...   :laffs:

I just hope I never get it.  It'll be the immediate "snoring" right away, while I take a nap...   :box1::embarrassed::banana:

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Damnit, you box, too?!  As big as you are?  I can't imagine you punching someone with that giantass HAM you have for hands, brother...   :laffs:

I just hope I never get it.  It'll be the immediate "snoring" right away, while I take a nap...   :box1::embarrassed::banana:

You would kick my butt. That was over 50 years ago. That was from a left hook in my first match against a left hander. In the heat of the match I forgot my Coach’s advice: “ Don’t circle to the right against a southpaw”. BAM!! It actually knocked me out on my feet. The next thing I remember  was sitting on the bench in the corner, and my coach yelling at me. Turns out I fought the last thirty seconds of the round and walked to my corner. Don’t remember it to this day. Fought one more round and lost deservedly by a unanimous decision. I am sure I had a concussion. Had a headache for three days, and the right side of my face was black and blue. Right eye went to schit shortly thereafter.  Twenty years later my Optomologist started asking me if I had ever had any heavy blows to my right eye, and we connected the dots. Armed Eye Doc might have seen this before. Guy who beat me went on to have some success in the Maine Corps as a boxer. That match told me I had reached the limits of my abilities as a pugilist. My coach agreed and understood. Ten years later he gave me advice on starting up a boxing program at a Boys Club. He was a Puerto Rican and a great guy. I admired him and was scared of him at the same time.

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

Right eye went to schit shortly thereafter.  Twenty years later my Optomologist started asking me if I had ever had any heavy blows to my right eye, and we connected the dots. Armed Eye Doc might have seen this before.

I have seen this is a few cases.

Commotio retinae

Commotio retinae is a disease pathology that involves degeneration of the layers of the retina secondary to shock waves caused by blunt trauma or blast injury. Damage can occur centrally with macular involvement (Berlin's edema) or peripherally without macular involvement and occurs sequentially, progressing from outer to inner layers. The photoreceptor outer segment is always involved; damage to more interior layers requires more force.

Just now, Armed Eye Doc said:

I have seen this is a few cases.

Commotio retinae

Commotio retinae is a disease pathology that involves degeneration of the layers of the retina secondary to shock waves caused by blunt trauma or blast injury. Damage can occur centrally with macular involvement (Berlin's edema) or peripherally without macular involvement and occurs sequentially, progressing from outer to inner layers. The photoreceptor outer segment is always involved; damage to more interior layers requires more force.

Thank you! Never been hit that hard in my life by anything.