• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Which Geissele?

D.R.D.

I'm sure some iteration of this question has graced this board more than once, but here goes.  Feel free to link another thread if it was well answered.

I;m putting together a precision 308AR platform for medium to long range shooting.  I'd like the best trigger available.  Everything I've read and heard has pointed me to Geissele.  But which one?  I;ve seen this on their site:

http://geissele.com/pdfs/ApplicationGuide.pdf

However, some of the triggers on their site are not on this list like the G2S - which is supposed to be similar to the SSA-E but cheaper.  I'm always open to saving money if quality isn't sacrificed.  

I don;t have experience with the flat triggers, so I don't have a preference between curved of flat (yet).  I just want to be able to logically eliminate a few they won't work and narrow down the choices.

Requirements:

Clear, clean, and crisp break

Reliability, reliability, reliability

No unnecessarily long uptake travel

Weight of pull designed for .308 175 SMK shot out a 20" Polygonal Bull Barrel to 1k yards 

Which one is the ticket?

Thanks,

DRD

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SSA-E. Anything with less trigger pressure than it makes me nervous. Clean, crisp, & no parts to mess up (i.e. reliable).

There's no specific trigger for a particular load/barrel/build. Most of it is personal preference. The rest of it is technique and experience (i.e. practice practice practice).

Edited by shibiwan

SSA-E. Anything with less trigger pressure than it makes me nervous. Clean, crisp, & no parts to mess up (i.e. reliable).

There's no specific trigger for a particular load/barrel/build. Most of it is personal preference. The rest of it is technique and experience (i.e. practice practice practice).

Yup, I like the SSA-E myself.

There are specific G triggers for different applications.  Each design has its merits, and purposes.  Checking the tech data on the G site explains it all, as well as a pretty comprehensive thread here on this board.

Here's info on light-pull triggers, and trigger follow-through:

I originally ordered the the ssa-e for my ar-308 but then changed my mind once it arrived and returned it for the HS DMR. I wanted to be able to adjust the trigger. I absolutely love the trigger. I messed with the sear and pull weight. I absolutely love where it's at. I know some like the Gold, I too was almost gonna go that route. Prob can't go wrong with either. Ill be putting the Geisselle triggers in all the ar style rifles I have

I originally ordered the the ssa-e for my ar-308 but then changed my mind once it arrived and returned it for the HS DMR. I wanted to be able to adjust the trigger. I absolutely love the trigger. I messed with the sear and pull weight. I absolutely love where it's at. I know some like the Gold, I too was almost gonna go that route. Prob can't go wrong with either. Ill be putting the Geisselle triggers in all the ar style rifles I have

You should get one just for comparisons sake. Tom got one just to see what all the rage was about, and the only reason he didn't convert is because he sold his soul in trade to Geiselle for a DMR trigger... <laughs>  <lmao>

Can't any of you say... "That part is really nice... Keep that, there's no need to buy ANYTHING else for the gun... The build is done". Lol. Just went shooing yesterday.... Got home and started ordering parts for my other 2 ar builds. Great...

No. Most of us here have gun-related OCD.

-S

Edited by shibiwan

• 5 months later...