• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pictures of Handguns

MikedaddyH

Witness pistol are still very much in production and doing well. You shouldn't have any problem finding mags for any of them. I once had a Witness in 45 ACP and I let it get away from me. I wish I hadn't done that, it was a great shooting piece!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He bought it on base at the PX? do they still call it a PX?

They still call it a PX, if it's on an Army Post.  If your son bought it on BASE, then that's Air Force, and they call that a BX - Base Exchange.  On an Army Post, Post Exchange.  PX.

He didn't buy it on Base, at the PX, though.  That's Apples-N-Hammers.  Terminology.

OK , it is Post Exchange, Army, Fort Hood.    They won't let me buy there since I  didn't keep on re-enlisting in the USMC or USMCR for 20 and retire.

"Terminology matters"

I like the single action feature and the trigger of the Witness. I'm not much for plastic pistols. even though they do make a polymer framed model Witness. 

Edited by mrmackc

I like the single action feature and the trigger of the Witness. I'm not much for plastic pistols. even though they do make a polymer framed model Witness.

I have a P-Carry Witness in 10mm and I love it.

CZ parts are interchangeable. EAA mags are not too hard it find.

Thanks for the info I am acquainted with the. Cz pistols. I will check with the gun shop for mags the owner is a Cpl. on the brownwood p.d. he is a class III dealer he hunts coyotes cats and hogs with a thermal scope suppressed AR and sold me my 308AR.

They still call it a PX, if it's on an Army Post.  If your son bought it on BASE, then that's Air Force, and they call that a BX - Base Exchange.  On an Army Post, Post Exchange.  PX.

He didn't buy it on Base, at the PX, though.  That's Apples-N-Hammers.  Terminology.

Marine base it's called the MCX, I'm guessing for Marine Corps Exchange.

Thanks MikedaddyH I found out that there are two different frame sizes for the EAA Witness the older model has a small frame and a smaller magazine. The newer one uses the 101400 magazine (12 round) which my pistol uses. Outdoor sells this magazine for $24.78. Thanks, Mrmackc

Edited by mrmackc

Thanks MikedaddyH I found out that there are two different frame sizes for the EAA Witness the older model has a small frame and a smaller magazine. The newer one uses the 101400 magazine (12 round) which my pistol uses. Outdoor sells this magazine for $24.78. Thanks, Mrmackc

I don't know if this is new or old style, but here's one that's $19.99.  I states that it is a factory magazine.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/witness-40-12rd-full-sz.html#.VVs880ZX_6Y

I have bought from CDNN a couple of times and had no issue with them.  They are out of Abilene, so you will have tax as well.

• 3 months later...

Anyone got one of these?

My Kid and I each have one, the Ruger Super Redhawk (Alaskan) Toklat, its a Ruger Talo edition, chambered in .454 Casull (or .45 Long Colt).

(That's not mine, mine is in the safe and though I was feeling froggy enough to post, I'm too lazy to go down and go thru the safe and take a picture, upload it... you get the idea. But less the background you wouldn't know the difference.)

Kaboom!

Toklat.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...