• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruger SR-762

BLKSHEEP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a DPMS "SASS" for a year or so, and am pleased with it, as a long range shooter, as it is too heavy and unwieldy to carry as a "Patrol Rifle".

I received a Ruger SR-762 a few days ago. I put a Bushnell ET6245F on it, which I "borrowed" from my DPMS.

I've been to the range and expended a hundred rounds out to 300 yds utilizing a Caldwell Lead Sled FCX. Overall, 1.5 MOA (not counting reload fliers) using 168 Gr. Federal Premium .308, German NATO 7.62, and Reloads (two fliers). No Failures. Very pleased!

I'll put the Bushnell back on the DPMS and put an Aimpoint on the SR-762 as it is comfortable for more of a CQB application.

I came across this Forum while searching for info on a "BAD" (Battery Assist Device) for the Ruger. If anyone out there knows of one, please let me know.

I came across this Forum while searching for info on a "BAD" (Battery Assist Device) for the Ruger. If anyone out there knows of one, please let me know.

Phase 5 EBR V2.  You need to check if it will fit your rifle.  That's your only hope.  Do some research.

http://www.phase5tactical.com/products/308-dpms-type/extended-bolt-release-v2308-ebrv2308

Any personal reviews on this rifle? If it shoots 1.5 moa for the first 100 rounds I would think the barrel would settle to just under moa.

I am bummed to see so little info on here! But I guess that is because people simply buy the Sr762, customization is limited and you really cant build one...

Any info on parts compatibility and manufacturing origins of the ruger parts?

• 4 months later...

I personally kinda prefer the dpms mag over the p mag due to its construction and size IF it works. If they dont run right, ruger has definitely made a mistake.

They might have done it because magpul is having difficulty keeping up with production. Who knows?

If anyone happens to be selling 3 dpms mags that dont work, my dpms rifle loves them, and I could buy them. ;-)

In fact, if they wanted to give me a good deal, ill trade them my p mag for their dpms and buy the other two.

But on a more serious note, there are alot of reviews hanging out there that the gen III Magpulls dont work well in the dpms GII, ruger 762, or Sig 716, so maybe magpul isn't making the genII's anymore, and the companies dont want their gen III because they dont feed properly.

Which wouldn't make too much sense if they offered dpms instead, which also didn't feed properly.

• 2 months later...