• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spike's Tactical Billet .308 set

98Z5V

Hopefully, Tom Miller doesn't kick me in the nads for this, but I saw the drawings on his board.  Comparo pics of the billet .308 lower in the works (bottom, in pics) compared to their own billet 5.56 lower (upper, in the pics).

I've got a 5.56 billet set from them, and it's one very fine piece of hardware.  The initial drawings of the 5.56 pieces ended up looking identical to exactly what was release, so I have no doubt that this is what the .308 parts will look like.  <thumbsup>

308lower1.jpg

308lower.jpg

308lower2.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

They are making their own upper, and even though it looks like an Armalite design, it takes LR-20 Pmags.  The mag base is off the SR-25.  Don't let the upper/lower design fool you.  It was designed around the Big Pmag.  <thumbsup>

It's loaded with a Pmag in the pic above...  <dontknow> ;D

Info posted by Glenn Seekins (Seekins Precision is making these uppers and lowers):

Our 308 platform will be based off of the SR25 in some ways and our own in others. There is no "standard" for the large platform and im so sick of dealing with the sloppy standard of the ar15 these will come with allot of our own parts. They are compatible with dpms style bolts (and possibly armalite). Im not even going to attempt at making them fit other uppers/lowers because of the machining conflicts. I will offer uppers at a cheap enough price that if you wish you can swap out the existing upper you have as well as sell lowers separately with you understanding they will only work with our upper. This is going to be more of a platform to build from, not a logo kit like the 15's are.

Kits will be available sometime this spring. I am working the logistics out right now. Just installed a new cnc before we left for shot and tomorrow will be looking at another manufacturing center. I will have more info on lead time around the end of the week.

SP lower 7075 billet- hard anodized black

sp take down pins (stainless)

sp ambi mag release (complete mag release)

sp dual action bolt control (complete bolt catch)

sp captured buffer retainer

All you need to complete the lower is a trigger, trigger pins and safety selector. We should have both here to sell you a complete lower if you choose, but only with good stuff.

SP upper 7075 billet - hard anodized black

sp billet port door

forward assist (optional)

DPMS or Armalite bolt/extension compatible. Not sure yet as we have our own bolt carriers in the making, still undetermined. If i can, i will make it work with both.

I will have two different forend rails available with upper/rail sets that do not use the barrel nut to mate together. Hard to explain, bit its the cats ass when it comes to a stiff and accurate upper. One quad rail like the SAR rail we distribute thru spikes tactical. Super light weight, Titanium barrel nut. The other is a triangle shaped rail geared for 3 gun and competition shooting. It will also be light weight and may have some carbon fiber mixed in with it.

Retail 650$ for the upper/lower kit. Rails TBD

Glen Seekins

glen@seekinsprecision.com

• 3 months later...

Glen Seekins completely changed the setup of his CNC works, and bought some very badass new CNC equipment.  It's probably set up by now, or will be very soon, and they'll start cranking out work.  At that time, the .308 uppers and lowers will probably start flowing, and flowing well. 

From what I've seen so far, only prototypes have been completed.  The hardware for consumer purchase should be available in the not-too-distant future.  <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Versions of the upper/lower combo, but this is as of January this year.  CAD images only.

ao6rty.jpg

2qv6wz6.jpg

2ijmfcm.jpg

2vi2ipw.jpg

2v9yxy1.jpg

98rrzc.jpg

2vv5eza.jpg

xmk65l.jpg

For what it's worth, their CAD renderings of the 5.56 billet set turned out perfect in the real world - just like the CAD looked.  I ended up with the 31st one off the machining line, and it's pretty damn sweet.  I've had one problem with it, and I fixed that on my own, but it came out exactly like the CAD templates looked.  It's a damn fine shooting gun for what I built it for.  I love it.

• 2 months later...

If the actual receiver set turns out to be true to the CAD rendering, this will be a beautiful set, very streamlined but with That angular look that I really like. If I didn't already have my POF set for my next one, based on their reputation for making a quality product, and the rendering and appearance of the prototype, this would be the one I'd be building on next. Not that there's a single bad thing I can say about the MA TEN set, just that I'd like to build something that didn't look the same, twice. I am betting that this set will cost a good deal more than the MA Ten, especially with Branson's group buy. Maybe we need a group buy for these when they become available, as well?

• 2 years later...