• Visit Brownells
  • Visit AR15 Builder
  • Visit
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
MikedaddyH

What did do today on your loading bench !

597 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

Bob, let me know what you come up with on the 175's. I have a pound of Varget I have to use up. I am set on my 168's with RL15, but have a bunch of 175 gr SMK BTHP's to load.

My old data for my 18" Faxon mid-weight barrel, 10:1, was 44.0 g of Varget under 175 Nosler BTHP with Winchester Large Rifle Primers.  This gave slightly better results than 0.2 g in either direction.  I got a 0.78" 5-shot group with this setup.  Note that this was in Lake City brass, trimmed to 2.003 with an OAL of 2.80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loaded 500 45acp 200 grain Xtreme plated hollow points with 7.7 grains Silhouette. Just opened the Xtreme box and stopped when empty. They sure are pretty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what no pic sheesh... how pretty and when do you test? if i recal they have nice projos.. no dings or scuffs👍 i need to relode again! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what, when the new batch of projectiles arrive, I'll take a pic of the open box. There are very few metals as pretty as polished copper.

xtreme 200 php 2.jpg.jpg

xtreme 200 php 1.jpg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hung up some lockable cabinets to keep my daughter from weighing her Shopkins (<--dad's will know) on my beam scale. Also fabbed up a powder stand with some scraps.

 

powder stand .jpg

Edited by shepp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got in 1000 new Xtreme 200 grain 45acp HP. They sure are pretty!

xtremeopenboxes2.jpg

xtremeboxex.jpg.jpg

xtreme 200 hp.jpg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started cutting 5.56 brass with a chop saw to make 300 Blackout cases. Picked up  1 lb. Accurate 1680 and 100 Hornady 208 gr match bullets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

Just got in 1000 new Xtreme 200 grain 45acp HP. They sure are pretty!

xtremeopenboxes2.jpg

xtremeboxex.jpg.jpg

xtreme 200 hp.jpg.jpg

thats what im talking about ! so shiney!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished cutting forming and sizing 175 300 Blackout brass out of Lake City 5.56 brass. Answered the question: "Why are 300 Blackout rounds so expensive?" Answer: "Because they are worth it" A lot of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got around to case prepping 500 1x LC cases from MidwayUSA. Sized, deprimed and cleaned them. Next, swage, then trim. 500 cases for $40 was too good a deal to turn down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loaded up 25 test subsonic rounds in 300 Blk with Hornady 208 grain AMax and 10.7 grains of Accurate 1680. Also 75 Supersonic 175nSMK BTHPs with 16 gr of accurate 1680.

Edited by Sisco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20170918_154806.thumb.jpg.e5a9fd716891bac47330463f71c27e4b.jpg

1505767934975874272155.thumb.jpg.126fdb8dbd722c9802b9e40d210a1fd9.jpg

Cooked up some Varget stuffed 308 cases, topped with a 165 Sierra Gameking HPBT. C'est bon!

Edited by Boot_Scraper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOADED UP 150- 5.56- 23.7  GR OF RL15 BEHIND A 75 GR SPEER BTHP. WINCHESTER CASES AND PRIMERS.

Edited by Sisco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how many of you have one of these digital powder measures, but I am impressed.It is fast and accurate to a tenth of a grain. Nice when you want to work up a ladder of rounds.to fine tune your Powder/bullet/individual firearm accuracy.

20171005_122905.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Mounted up the new Rock Chucker. Very nice! :cool:

 

34 minutes ago, Sisco said:

I don't know how many of you have one of these digital powder measures, but I am impressed.It is fast and accurate to a tenth of a grain. Nice when you want to work up a ladder of rounds.to fine tune your Powder/bullet/individual firearm accuracy.

20171005_122905.jpg

  Both Nice . Of course the one with the photo , wins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladder'd up a batch with my new Rock Chucker (photo for you @survivalshop). Worked up from 42.0 to 43.0 in .2 increments for my Faxon 16" pencil. Varget of course, under some 165 gn Sierra hpbt Gamekings. I have some SST's I might try. 

I really like the new press. I find it's way more consistent than my dad's old JR press. 

20171005_204228.thumb.jpg.3a29da8e6ee5039651e5aa8b9a4f6de5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sisco said:

I don't know how many of you have one of these digital powder measures, but I am impressed.It is fast and accurate to a tenth of a grain. Nice when you want to work up a ladder of rounds.to fine tune your Powder/bullet/individual firearm accuracy.

20171005_122905.jpg

That's pretty freakin sweet, boss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boot_Scraper said:

Ladder'd up a batch with my new Rock Chucker (photo for you @survivalshop). Worked up from 42.0 to 43.0 in .2 increments for my Faxon 16" pencil. Varget of course, under some 165 gn Sierra hpbt Gamekings. I have some SST's I might try. 

I really like the new press. I find it's way more consistent than my dad's old JR press. 

20171005_204228.thumb.jpg.3a29da8e6ee5039651e5aa8b9a4f6de5.jpg

 I have the same Crescent wrench for use on my reloading bench :thumbup:

 I loaded with a RCBS beam scale for many , many years , but a good digital scale is far more consistent , I'm not a high roller as Sisco :laffs:, but I'm using a Pact scale now a days .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 6:51 AM, survivalshop said:

 I have the same Crescent wrench for use on my reloading bench :thumbup:

 I loaded with a RCBS beam scale for many , many years , but a good digital scale is far more consistent , I'm not a high roller as Sisco :laffs:, but I'm using a Pact scale now a days .

Looked at them for years before I did it. Had an Amazon credit that helped. I feel it also makes my chance of human error much less, so I rationalized the safety factor. Wish I had done it long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now