• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What did do today on your loading bench !

MikedaddyH

The .260 Rem will be ripping some shiit up at the Fall Shoot, brother.  You .308 guys better bring your game...  :thumbup::laffs:

I think I might be able to fuk with Ron, and his MRAD...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:35 AM, 98Z5V said:

I think I might be able to fuk with Ron, and his MRAD...  :banana:

Here I am, over here minding my own bidness, and here comes a kidney punch outta nowhere. You know, there's other people that you can harass around here. :lmao:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Loaded up 100 45 acp hollow points. 50 230 gr Hornadys with 4.2 gr Tight Group and 50 Barrys JHPmore on them later.

Damn, that's my loadup for 9mm Berrys 115gr FMJ, brother.  I did 502 of those bastards last weekend.  I had 505 cases, but 3 primers went in sideways, and I wasn't gonna mess with them, so they just went in the trash...  :laffs:

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Damn, that's my loadup for 9mm Berrys 115gr FMJ, brother.  I did 502 of those bastards last weekend.  I had 505 cases, but 3 primers went in sideways, and I wasn't gonna mess with them, so they just went in the trash...  :laffs:

I loaded the Berry’s with Vith N320, 5.2 grs. They recommend 850fps minimum, and Tight Group can’t reach that without higher pressures in a 45acp. Ran into a problem with the bullets. Some of them are out of spec by 3/100 of an inch, and were crushing the case lip even with generous use of the expander ball. So I had to cull through them with a micrometer. Not happy with Berry’s right now. Ruined five cases before I figured it-out. Doing 250 more cases today.

Edited by Sisco

Finished a total batch of 280 45acp 230 grs Berrys hollow points. 5.2 gr N320. Would have been 300 but 20 bullets out of spec.. Next up 180 Sierra SMK 175 gr BTHP’s. .308 42 grains Varget. Once fired ZQ-1 cases.

Edited by Sisco

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's a solid load, right there.  :thumbup:

:thumbup: Gonna be put on hold a little bit. I rounded up 30 more 45 brass, so I sized them today, will prime them tomorrow, add them to the 20 sized and primed cases I have ready, and load up my last 50 Hornady 230 gr JHP’s before I dive into the 308s. Also sized and trimmed 150 5.56 PMC brass. Will be loading those with Hornady 75 gr BTHP’s and 24 grains Reloader 15. Then I am out of brass except for 50 300 Blk. Will need to go shoot some more!

Just finished loading 7-08 290 rounds for the LR for the mid range matches next week. 160 TMK, 40g varget, CCIBR2 primers. loaded .050 off lands. Last practice match match this Sunday with scope. Learned a valuable lesson about checking parallax adjustment from last weekend. Very critical to be checked, funny that I have been shooting for so long to finally learn this lesson. 

Nothing to report yet, but I'll try to load up some 6.5Grendel this weekend.  I need to develop a load for the Sierra 130 Game Kings.  Finally found the Sierra load data for them, and they're listing Alliant Power Pro Varmint as the better powder. Closest thing I have to that is AA2520, which is my preferred powder for the Grendel anyway.  It works pretty damn well in the Hornady 123 ELD-Ms that I've been using.

We'll see what I can come up with, and test out. I still need to shoot the test loads for that damn Win Mag, too.  I've got 9 loads of 5ea that need to be shot, and determine what that gun likes best.  Maybe I can get them both out there on Sunday morning.

Edited by 98Z5V

On 7/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, Sisco said:

Sized and trimmed 180 308 brass, and put 30 45 acp and 150 5.56 brass in The lemon juice bath, heated dry, then put them in the polisher. Next up, clean the 308 brass, then prime all of them.

Once you go the wet tumbler method you'll never look back.  I used to dry tumble them clean, then hot citric acid bath them shiny and dry them.  Then final polish tumble.  Now its 5 pounds of stainless pins, 1/2 gallon worth of brass, fill'er up with hot tap water, 1/2 tbsp of citric acid powder and a few drops of dawn dish soap.  Rinse then dry.  Once they are out of the dehydrator they are ready to start the reload process

• 1 month later...

I set off a primer in my hand while trying to seat the damn thing...lesson learned - do NOT squeeze too hard and force it or you will have a surprise. I released my hand primer and primers went all over the place. Lucky the cops were not banging on my door. I am so fortunate to live in a very gun friendly state, NOT!

• 4 weeks later...